Livingston - all the threads merged

Everyone please be ready for the Livingston Kari-On-Oke!

The Livi fans belting out "I Will Survive!", the Airdrie and Cowdenbeath fans singing "(We're On A) Road To Nowhere"...and everyone else bloody singing the blues - as always!

Still, a Scottish football club is still alive.

Ain't a bad old world, y'know...

That is pretty much the biggest scandal in Scottish football history since the controversy regarding Airdrie and Clydebank, if true.

Why shoulds clubs like mine endure shite football for years, playing by the rules and living within our means, hoping for a turn in our fortunes by fair means, if scum like this continually get away with shiteing all over the rule book and laughing in our faces?

Remember this is the same SFL that is pursuing Brechin with great pedantic vigour over their pitch not being UEFA-compliant.

Play by the rules and the authorities shaft you, ignore the rules blatantly and the authorities bend over to keep you in business by any means whatever. That's the clear message this sends out.

It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

Brilliant post.

We at Ayr have watched six years of getting hammered in the Second Division because we paid back the entire debt that was left by Bill Barr, had no overdraught facilities and had to employ a bunch of juniors on £50 a week.

Livi can do what they like, at the expense of clubs like us.

All well and good saying it. What is to be done about it? The Livvy fans have had plenty of slagging for not being particularly 'active'. What options are available to the supporters to protest this decision (if, indeed, it has come to pass - haven't switched the radio or TV on)

The first thing that springs to mind is a boycott of all Livi home games by away supporters. Won't change the SFL but will make a point at least.

Everyone please be ready for the Livingston Kari-On-Oke!

The Livi fans belting out "I Will Survive!", the Airdrie and Cowdenbeath fans singing "(We're On A) Road To Nowhere"...and everyone else bloody singing the blues - as always!

Still, a Scottish football club is still alive.

Ain't a bad old world, y'know...

Tell that to the umpteen creditors screwed by Livi (again)

So, these guys have said they will pay off HMRC and WLC, WITHOUT having a controlling interest in the club :huh:

So Clydebank and Aidrieonians were told to fk right off, but Livi get away with it?

WALOFS

League considering rule change to boot out Massone

I don't see how. He hasn't done anything illegal.

If Livingston are to escape with a fifteen point penalty it'll be one of the most incompetent - some would say corrupt - pieces of non-action by the SFL in living memory. Livingston are not going to be very popular after this.

The first thing that springs to mind is a boycott of all Livi home games by away supporters. Won't change the SFL but will make a point at least.

Would that not be complicity in killing a club off.

Do we know that the club's debts won't be paid though?

Rankine seems to be doing the same at Livi as he tried to do at Airdrie i.e. become preferred bidder, take over the running of the club with promises that a deal will be struck which the major creditors accept. If they fulfill that promise then I don't see any problem with allowing Livi to continue.

Hell, the deal might even fall through at the end of next season, just in time to promote Airdrie from the 2nd when we lose our 4th playoff final in a row.

Stuart

That is pretty much the biggest scandal in Scottish football history since the controversy regarding Airdrie and Clydebank, if true.

Why shoulds clubs like mine endure shite football for years, playing by the rules and living within our means, hoping for a turn in our fortunes by fair means, if scum like this continually get away with shiteing all over the rule book and laughing in our faces?

Remember this is the same SFL that is pursuing Brechin with great pedantic vigour over their pitch not being UEFA-compliant.

Play by the rules and the authorities shaft you, ignore the rules blatantly and the authorities bend over to keep you in business by any means whatever. That's the clear message this sends out.

It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

Ach, dry yer eyes. At least you stay at the seaside, handy for the league down there :lol:

Brown McMaster - President of the S.F.L. - speaking about potential new owners of Livingston F.C:

"We'll be looking for a number of assurances and guarantees"

Isn't that what you said last time, and the time before that, and.....etc etc?

The S.F.L. - the cheating clubs friend.

You f**kers went bust owing left right and centre, and came back by helping Dr John "Sod" Hall to murder Clydebank when he realised he wasn't going to be allowed to turn them into Franchise FC.

So please, spare us the Airdrieonian crocodile tears for "business integrity" - you hid those under your Ku Klux Klan robes years ago. <_<

Would that not be complicity in killing a club off.

Fk them, we watched Ayr go through some of the worst games I have seen, rotting away as we cleared our debt at full price, and I'm supposed to care about a club who continually bump their debts and fked over everyone else on their rise to the top?

Lets see how quickly Livi survive, I wonder how they expect the debt to just dissapear. It will need to be paid or is the ususal so much in the pound excuse going to be used again.

To be perfectly honest with you getting absolutely sick of Scottish Football and football in general. No wonder fans of clubs like AFC Wimbledon and United of Manchester decided to go their own way, football is becoming a joke at the senior levels.

The Wimbledon fans didn't have any choice - we were shafted after the FA passed the buck to a three man commission and permission to move the club to Milton Keynes was granted. Wouldn't want the club to be owned any other way now though.

Anyway, what a fucking disgrace - the SFL are bunch of spineless tossers. The little blazer mafia pulled together it seems.

Massone must be laughing his tits off and will hold out for more money. Meanwhile will the creditors and HMRC get paid?

Fk them, we watched Ayr go through some of the worst games I have seen, rotting away as we cleared our debt at full price, and I'm supposed to care about a club who continually bump their debts and fked over everyone else on their rise to the top?

Like us the Livi fans could only stand and watch.

Do we know that the club's debts won't be paid though?

Rankine seems to be doing the same at Livi as he tried to do at Airdrie i.e. become preferred bidder, take over the running of the club with promises that a deal will be struck which the major creditors accept. If they fulfill that promise then I don't see any problem with allowing Livi to continue.

Hell, the deal might even fall through at the end of next season, just in time to promote Airdrie from the 2nd when we lose our 4th playoff final in a row.

Stuart

He'll agree to fund it until the end of the season if he needs to (giving the necessary guarrantees to the SFL). He will still have to strike a deal with the creditors though and he won't pay them in full because he doesn't have the money to do so!