Livingston - all the threads merged

Reading between the lines and it appears that WLC, the Trust, the Administrators, Rankine and and McDougall have been hard at work, over the last few weeks, orchestrating the outcome of yesterdays meeting.

While fans from all clubs saw no way back for Livi this group appear to have played their cards very well, WLC played thier part by instigating the court appearance, at the worst time for the SFL, but undoubtebly the best for Livi.

Massone? Who knows, either a clown or very astute, either way he will also benefit from this ruling through an increased offer to walk away.

While fans sat, awaiting the inevitable, all the above were probably having a snigger at the naivety of those on this board.

The SFL have been accused of sitting back and doing nothing while it appeared the house of cards was collapsing, I have a feeling that they were kept fully informed, and were in agreement with, all that was unfolding.

I am almost certain that the other SFL clubs will vote for the change in rules to allow this to go through, fans will not be happy, but when was that ever a consideration for those that run our game.

You see Livi, its that attitude that upsets so many. Ok fans are loyal to their club. But most are also loyal to the game in general.

What your club have done is bring the game into disrepute overall. So please, dont be so complacent in your belief that away fans will still come to livingston in numbers. Those that support football will not support you by giving you there attendance money.

Cant you read. Theres many who have already said they will not be coming to almondvale this season. So the writings there, on the wall, for you to see.

As another club who have had severe financial problems in the past, I hope we won't be voting in favour of them either.

We spent four seasons in division two cleaning up the mess the club was in. In these four years, I think the club has made excellent progress, although I'd have to say that it's still work in progress. Why should Livi be given a free ride when clubs like ourselves, Ayr and Clyde had to take the hit to sort themselves out?

I might even take the time to write to the club, reminding them of what we went through and urging them to vote against this rule change.

Great post.

If, after all the shit we've just been through, we vote to help Livi dodge their creditors without penalty I'll be sickened. We've been nowhere near angelic over the years but people are being paid what they're owed at massive cost to the on-field performances and Livi should either do the same or face relegation.

Note to New Livingston owners.

To make sure the Raith delegate votes in favour of your club, chuck him a few sausage rolls before the vote.

*edited as I can't spell*

Surely our delegate will be Mr Somerville and not the gentleman you appear to be referencing?

Thats just daft, but each to there own :rolleyes:

Loyal football fans will still attend :D

........and given your away attendances that I have personally witnessed at a number of grounds, then "loyal football fans" are an extremely rare breed in west lothian.

Great post.

If, after all the shit we've just been through, we vote to help Livi dodge their creditors without penalty I'll be sickened. We've been nowhere near angelic over the years but people are being paid what they're owed at massive cost to the on-field performances and Livi should either do the same or face relegation.

Spot on. Although given our history of being the only turkey's that ever voted to expediate Christmas I bet we do..

I was merely pointing out that not everyone will vote with thier 'club head' on

I think it greatly depends upon who within the clubs makes the decision, e.g. could a vote be 'bought' with talk of league management committee nominations ?

Or personal business deals ?

Sorry but don`t think for one minute the sale of three of our players to your lot saved our club.Don`t see you punting any players on.We sold our stadium etc to keep the wolves from the door.

As Raith_94 says, you have missed the boat there.

Stadio Della Almondvale - amongst the prevalent theme of gloating from some other LFC fans and the "f**k you" attitude highlighted on Livi Lions, you have consistently made thoughtful, humble and gracious posts. Whilst I certainly don't agree with everything you've said, and see little point in attempting to adress each point until such a time as the other SFL clubs have voted, I am pleased for you and other like-minded Livingston fans that you still have a club to support.

While I have never been a fan of LFC, and am highly unlikely to attend Almondvale this season, the focus of anger here should really be the SFL; they have had ample opportunity to shut you down but have bent over in order to keep what they perceive as a 'big club' alive.

I will be disgusted if there is no points penalty given what I believe should have transpired and while I don't believe LFC should have received yet another chance - and will be hoping you don't get a point this season - I wish you the best of luck in the quest to establish a viable club in West Lothian.

In a country which already has too many clubs for it's size, Livingston's catchment area as you highlight, should be able to sustain a team.

Thus, fingers crossed for a FizzyPop league-style points deduction but all the best to yourself nonetheless.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Many would happily take a relegation/points penalty but it is outwith our control. We need to move on and create something better regardless of what happens or where we are playing.

You see Livi, its that attitude that upsets so many. Ok fans are loyal to their club. But most are also loyal to the game in general.

What your club have done is bring the game into disrepute overall. So please, dont be so complacent in your belief that away fans will still come to livingston in numbers. Those that support football will not support you by giving you there attendance money.

Cant you read. Theres many who have already said they will not be coming to almondvale this season. So the writings there, on the wall, for you to see.

Game into disrepute? Yeah, that's a very fair point. But I would say that if you are loyal to the game in general, that you do attend away games at Almondvale. The SFL needs representation in West Lothian and for better or for worse, that's us! It serves Scottish League Football no purpose if there is none. Would you rather we all put our hard earned into the local rugby club? What would that do for the greater benefit of Scottish football? I'm not asking you to love us or even buy our pies, just support your team for the benefit of the game in general.

Spot on. Although given our history of being the only turkey's that ever voted to expediate Christmas I bet we do..

Well remembered, Raith win promotion to a 12 team top league for teh first time ever, Raith director votes for 3 teams to be relegated in the same season.

The reminds me of the lunacy of the SFL. Raith were threatened with explusion from the SFL in the early 90's.

Our crime was to refuse to allow Jock McStay to attend the Duncan Ferguson SFL hearing, it put our next match v Dundee United in jepordy. Which got United up in arms as they needed that match to go ahead as they had players who were ending their suspension that day, in order to be available for the cup final the following week.

So don't turn up to a disciplinary or your chucked out the league, but carry on running an insolvent business to your hearts content.

Game into disrepute? Yeah, that's a very fair point. But I would say that if you are loyal to the game in general, that you do attend away games at Almondvale. The SFL needs representation in West Lothian and for better or for worse, that's us! It serves Scottish League Football no purpose if there is none. Would you rather we all put our hard earned into the local rugby club? What would that do for the greater benefit of Scottish football? I'm not asking you to love us or even buy our pies, just support your team for the benefit of the game in general.

Don't worry, offended as I am by your clubs' actions, I'll be at Almondvale. I reckon between entry, pie and programme there's £20.00 you can rely on. I'm also quite a devout Pie Muncher, so if the pies are good you could be talking about £23.00.

Don't worry, offended as I am by your clubs' actions, I'll be at Almondvale. I reckon between entry, pie and programme there's £20.00 you can rely on. I'm also quite a devout Pie Muncher, so if the pies are good you could be talking about £23.00.

I understand Gordon McDougal is rewriting his business plan based upon 1 fan and 2 pies

The pies are rank! you would be as well munching on the seat! :P

That's the spirit. Hopefully the catering will be getting a sort out as well.