Livingston - all the threads merged

The S.F.L. will bottle it .They have no balls.This lot should have been treated like a dog with distemper.

Taken round the back of the shed ............ and shot.

On good thing about Livi was the right good laugh we all got when seeing the "INTELLIGENT FINANCE" hoardings around the pitch.

What finance adverts are there now? "Claw-hammer Finance - lend you a tenner: you pay us a grand".

Or in Livi's case - borrow a tenner and pay back 7p under the terms of a CVA!!!

:lol::lol:

ironically enough IF are in trouble as well, my former employer too :lol:

A good point.

I don't think Livvy should avoid a points penalty but something has to be done to stop these "businessmen" from coming to clubs, running up huge debts then walking away with a tidy wee sum in the bank.

I don't recall many complaints about the lack of financial prudence when Livvy were doing well on the park however!

It's not a good point, because it isn't true! Did Massone help matters? No. Christ only knows what he thought he was doing - he may well be genuinely insane. But let's not forget, administration (for the second time) and threat of liquidation is the result of chronic corruption and mismanagement.

In case you didn't notice, football ownership is effectively legalised money laundering. It's the only reason - at least on a large scale - that people become involved in football. Massone is not the first. Not even the first at Livingston (therein lies the heart of the matter). Look at Hearts. The guy is fleecing them to the hilt, but gets away with it because without him the club is unsustainable.

This just in.... 29 SFL clubs have decided to budget for the Premier League and have demanded promotion straight away to assure their budget is met. They are proposing a 41 team top league in which each team will play each other only once with the first half at home,the second away.There will be no relegation from this league as nobody fancies getting demoted to the first division which contains only livingston who have decided to budget for this league.

If the proposal is rejected everyone is off to the english Premier.

Unbelievable eh?

There's a lot of emotion and posturing on this thread with any number of fans taking the apparent moral high ground. The facts are that companies go bust every day and Livi are just another one. The question is does a football club deserve to be rescued for the sake of its fans? You might take the view that that depends on the club and their history but if there is any circumstance in which you think a club, any club, is worth rescuing then you have to have the rules to accommodate that.

As things stand, any insolvency practitioner has to deal with the Massones because the current rules give him a card to play which is not available to almost any other shareholder of a bust company. Mr Massone knew it and he hung in for £50k. Possibly the worst club owner in living memory was Hugh Scott at Morton and he had to be paid £300k to go away whilst the creditors got approximately 1p in the pound.

The sanctimonious preaching about not changing the rules lets the Massones and Scotts away with it at the expense of the creditors and sometimes at the cost of the death of the club.

A rule change to allow the transfer of the league membership into a new company in order to put a Massone or Scott out on their ar*e without a penny seems to me to be a fair rule, provided the League have absolute control and power to review whether they will allow it in the circumstances of the particular case. It should also mean automatic relegation to the third division and start again in the way any newly admitted club would.

There's no point imposing a transfer embargo on Livi, what player in the right mind would sign for them ? :lol:

The ones that can't get a game anywhere else and those players who like to play for free in front of 40 fans and be deafened by a drum...

If I were Gordon MacDougall I'd rather have 1500 in for a midweek fixture against Dunfermline, paying a bigger entrance fee, even with a home team miles adrift at the foot of the table, than 600 for a fixture on the same night against Alloa, with a team treading water in the middle of Div Two.

I suspect that the SFL voting for a big enough points deduction, enough for them to save face after the backlash following last Thursday, is the likeliest outcome. Relegation, although personally that's the option I'd vote for if I wore a blazer, seems pretty unlikely, certainly more unlikely than the third option- which is that the SFL do next to bugger all about it.

Well, I see your point, but I'm not convinced that a Livi starting 20 or 30 points behind everybody else would pull in 1500, I mean are Dunfermline that massive a draw for Livi fans when they know that ultimately the result won't make any difference to their final league position of 10th? At least in Division Two they'd be competing, albeit against a lower standard of opposition with smaller supports. Combine that with an away fan boycott of Almondvale and I think it's the best option available at such a late hour.

A Queens fan worried about the loss of revenue to other sides in the league, presumably because of the Livi away support dropping off? It's not like Livi have a mammoth travelling support, is it? Those who go are the hardcore, and they are likely to keep going regardless of the pointlessness.

Ask a Clydebank fan if its the same club.

Never !

@@@@@@@ United will never be grateful, just bleat every time a club is in the similar position that they were in, in 2002, and looking to take advantage (saved from relegation when Gretna folded and wanting to do the same again with Livi).

And can I urge all fans in Scotland NOT to attend their side's away fixtures at Livingston.

We could just attend the games and promise to pay at a later date, with no real intention of ever paying... :rolleyes:

:lol:

(or you could offer an "enhanced payment plan" of 7p in the pound payable over 5 years, totalling £1.05 for each game attended, a fantastic offer in the current credit crunch. Then you could default after paying 15p and invite them to swivel thereafter when they write to you asking to pay the rest.)

Don't be surprised to see the Council write off a massive percentage of their debt. In addition, with Livi technically not being in administration, if the club is bought out then is there a likelihood that the SFL will conclude they don't have the power to impose a penalty - as the club would then be under a new regime?

I've felt from the start that Livi would get away with this relatively freely and fully expect them not only to survive, but to avoid relegation. It's just the Ayr fan in me...

Don't be surprised to see the Council write off a massive percentage of their debt. In addition, with Livi technically not being in administration, if the club is bought out then is there a likelihood that the SFL will conclude they don't have the power to impose a penalty - as the club would then be under a new regime?

I've felt from the start that Livi would get away with this relatively freely and fully expect them not only to survive, but to avoid relegation. It's just the Ayr fan in me...

Whatever the situation, the SFL have the power to impose a penalty (which can be effectively in any form they see fit), as Livingston have been in a form of insolvency... It doesn't have to be administration, just being run by an insolvency practitioner. One saving grace of the lax rules...

Edited by HibeeJibee