Livingston - all the threads merged

I can just see the SFLs' QC standing up in front of Lord Fcukwit of Reasondom and stating that the process of paying £500 and required paperwork is not included in the word appeal,if that's the stance the SFL will just have to hope His Lordship has had a hearty breakfast and a few ports.

If it's not part of the process then I'd assume a phone call asking to convene a SGM would suffice.

No.

What part of "the appeal is made to the SGM" do you not understand?

I'm not wanting this to sound wrong but why would you sign a player on a two year deal while things are yet to be rubber stamped? I would also assume that given whats going on he's been signed on a part time basis?

Oh, if only.

No, Livingston are staying full-time.

The wracking up of the debt starts again already.

fair play but wee dont really go around looking to be liked buy your kind(weegie scum).wheres the banter gone in football these days,think people like you have killed it.

Are you still at school?

fantastic,you a parrot cause thats all you seem to say ya prat,get a grip and get a life.

Maybe your keyboard is fucked.

No.

What part of "the appeal is made to the SGM" do you not understand?

And what part of a process don't you understand,to suggest it just refers to the actual act of appealing is absurd,perhaps due to the absurdity of our footballing authorities they may well agree with you.

Oh, if only.

No, Livingston are staying full-time.

The wracking up of the debt starts again already.

This is surely gambling on an epic scale. If the appeal fails (again) and Livi are stuck in Division 3 with a points deduction, therefore possibly spending two seasons there, how the f**k are Livi 5 going to fund the club over these two seasons?

They're going to have to rely on a bloody big home support.

And what part of a process don't you understand,to suggest it just refers to the actual act of appealing is absurd,perhaps due to the absurdity of our footballing authorities they may well agree with you.

It says "appeal to a special general meeting". It's a clear as day.

I can just see the SFLs' QC standing up in front of Lord Fcukwit of Reasondom and stating that the process of paying £500 and required paperwork is not included in the word appeal,if that's the stance the SFL will just have to hope His Lordship has had a hearty breakfast and a few ports.

Of course the SFL's QC would :huh: . Their entire process has been based upon that intrepretation.

Sir Calum Melville et al may be wrong, or may be right. I suspect they are right but others don't.

It says "appeal to a special general meeting". It's a clear as day.

You are wrong as it states that a club has 10 days to appeal not 10 days to get the paperwork and cash in,how many times b4 you see the error of your interpretation?

This is surely gambling on an epic scale. If the appeal fails (again) and Livi are stuck in Division 3 with a points deduction, therefore possibly spending two seasons there, how the f**k are Livi 5 going to fund the club over these two seasons?

You must note the DBM are almost at the age where they can reproduce, therefore increasing the home support. ;)

(before forza throws a hissy fit I have noted you say you are not a boy but a man)

You are wrong as it states that a club has 10 days to appeal not 10 days to get the paperwork and cash in,how many times b4 you see the error of your interpretation?

It says:

Any club, club official or player aggrieved by a decision of the Management Committee, other than

a decision taken in terms of Rule 28, which shall be final and binding, or any club aggrieved by a

decision of the Management Committee in terms of Rule 31, 32 or 70 concerning the suitability of

its ground, shall have power, within ten days from the date of decision, to appeal to a Special

General Meeting of the League on payment of a deposit of £500.00 which shall be forfeited in the

event of the appeal being dismissed.

That means they appeal to the meeting with 10 days of the decision.

The submission of the paperwork and deposit gives them the power to appeal.

Of course the appeal will fail. Why would the S.F.A. feel the need to overturn a democratic decision by a member body. especially without any previously unconsidered circumstance?

The plan to remain full-time relies on the benevolence of MacDougall and Rankine. Just as well they don't have Italian sounding names, or some Livi fans might start asking awkward questions.....

76.3 Any club aggrieved by a decision of the Management Committee.shall have power,within 10 days from the date of decision,to appeal to a Special General Meeting of the League on payment of a deposit of £500.00 which shall be forfeited in the event of the appeal being dismissed.

Taken out the parts not pertaining to this situation.

If the appeal doesn't start until the meeting starts,why did the SFL ask Livi to put in their appeal as early as possible and not take the FULL 10 DAYS,by SCMs' reckoning if Livi had waited the full 240 hours then it would have been impossible to have an SGM at 1 seconds notice,you're interpretation is crap and the SFLs' whole approach is not based on this point.

Heaven help us if that was what their approach was based on,p1 kids could put up arguments to destroy that course of reasoning.

Edited by ayrmad

Are we still flogging this one? We're not going to convince each other now.

Which isn't going to stop me chipping in my tuppence-worth again. I don't agree with SCM, it's more natural and more in tune with convention in other areas of life to interpret an appeal as being lodged when the written submission to that effect is put in by the club. And his position there on the ten days thing doesn't work - constitutionally it should take 21 days for an SGM to be organised, there was no guarantee that it would be held within ten days so that only works if the initial submission is to be considered as the act of appeal.

In any case, as I've already said earlier in the thread, I think all this argument about rule 76.3 is by-the-by because I don't see any reason to interpret 76.4 which follows it - "The appeal shall, however, be deemed to have succeeded unless the decision of the Management Committee is supported by a majority of the votes cast at the said Special General Meeting" - as applying until such time as the vote comes to be taken. All that clause says is that a majority have to support the decision, ie a split decision will mean the appeal would be upheld. It does not say that the appeal is therefore considered to be successful throughout until such time as the vote takes place, which is how Livingston seem to be reading it.

Any chance we can drop this one now?

Let's get back to the serious business of calling Livingston c***s. Are they seriously going to be running a full-time squad in division three with crowds of maybe a thousand if they're lucky, even while similtaneously offering creditors some derisory number of pence in the pound for a CVA? It's almost breathtakingly brass-necked, and I'll have nothing but ill-will for them if that is the road they go down after all thse promises of turning over a new leaf and living within their means from now on. Look what Clyde are having to do to their playing squad in order not to default on debts.

Let's get back to the serious business of calling Livingston c***s. Are they seriously going to be running a full-time squad in division three with crowds of maybe a thousand if they're lucky, even while similtaneously offering creditors some derisory number of pence in the pound for a CVA? It's almost breathtakingly brass-necked, and I'll have nothing but ill-will for them if that is the road they go down after all thse promises of turning over a new leaf and living within their means from now on. Look what Clyde are having to do to their playing squad in order not to default on debts.

I'd rather you all debated the rules for much longer. :huh:

Soft loans no doubt.

Soft loans no doubt.

There's no way the administrator would be allowing them to take on more debt at this stage, soft or otherwise.

(Edit: surely?)

Edited by Yoss

I'd rather you all debated the rules for much longer. :huh:

Unfortunately, regardless of which tangent we choose, your club are going to get the boot stuck into them.

It says:

The submission of the paperwork and deposit gives them the power to appeal.

But how can they ' appeal' to an sgm within 10 days if it takes 21 days to convene a special general meeting.