Livingston - all the threads merged

What I'd like for now is one of the 'progressive' Livi fans to explain why the club intends to run at a loss for the next several years and run up debt again, while at the same time giving the creditors a derisory settlement and claiming that it was big bad Massone who did it all and ran away, and that the new owners would set the club on the straight and narrow.

They're not. They're trying to reverse everything that has happened this summer. That's it.

What I'd like for now is one of the 'progressive' Livi fans to explain why the club intends to run at a loss for the next several years and run up debt again, while at the same time giving the creditors a derisory settlement and claiming that it was big bad Massone who did it all and ran away, and that the new owners would set the club on the straight and narrow.

They're not. They're trying to reverse everything that has happened this summer. That's it.

Em, who do you class as 'progressive' Livi fans?

Maybe if you knew the rules a bit better then you could have :P

Very good Mr X - there's a time to push the boundaries of the envelope and there's times, like in the case of Kenny, when you have to say "How f*cking stupid were we?"

Full time in the 3rd. It's a fucking joke. And so the cycle begins all over again...I'm with you on this VT.

Part-time, pay yer debts (if not in full ) at a decent rate and run the club at a level that is feasible. If your turnover increases then you can increase your expenditure..

331364686_240x240_Front.jpg:ph34r:

It's surprising to say the least.

Surely the creditors are going to tell them to GTF when they try to put a CVA in place?

FFS can you not take a joke?

Yup, but your post wasn't actually very funny whereas my reply was not defensive but self deprecating, do you get that Mr X?

Yup, but your post wasn't actually very funny whereas my reply was not defensive but self deprecating, do you get that Mr X?

Actually I didnt, as Im not overly familiar with your appeals, so I misread it.

Point still stands though, you have been over reacting to what was nothing more than a bit of gentle ribbing.

Anyway, I'll know better next time. Lets move on :)

It's surprising to say the least.

Surely the creditors are going to tell them to GTF when they try to put a CVA in place?

And do you not think that is what is driving this - an agreement to take a debt ridden club over subject to certain conditions. Almost overnight conditions seem to change, I say seem as I don't know the details but it does seem a very different deal now.

A lot of posters on here seem to think that Scottisdh football can operate in the bubble that is Hampden Park.

They can't.

Mostly no-one really bothers when the Hampden suits retreat into their "rule book". So they refuse an appeal against a red card, big deal, not worth spending money on.

But when there is a real point of principle (or money) at stake they have been held to account or found lacking. Fergus McCann anyone?

Normal commercial life seldom revolves around one wee neat rule book.

Actually I didnt, as Im not overly familiar with your appeals, so I misread it.

Point still stands though, you have been over reacting to what was nothing more than a bit of gentle ribbing.

Anyway, I'll know better next time. Lets move on :)

Fair enough chum, in case you still hadn't twigged I was actually taking the piss out my own club on the back of your post, but obviously these 10,000+ posts are hee haw to do with Spartans so yup time to move on.

I have a question (edinburghlivi I'm sorry I know I have been bursting your head with this for the last 24 hours!) We cancelled the game last week at late notice & due to East Stirling already preparing for this in advance & therefore losing much needed finance, how are they re-imbursed & more importantly by whom?

I assume the game will be replayed and they will be reimbursed by that. Of course, ES may think they could have got a higher profit than they might, which will probably result in more pages of this thread.

Well yes, the game will be replayed. But it will presumably be played midweek with a much lower crowd than a home season opener would have had (yes, ok, in the scheme of East Stirling crowds it can't get all that much lower).

They probably had some costs for staging the first game that will be repeated next time. Don't know if they do their own match catering but presumably a lot of pies etc were bought and went to waste, if not by East Stirling then by whoever owns the catering franchise. They may have to reprint a programme (although they may just do the same one with an insert or indeed nothing at all). They might have had to pay stewards because it was too late to cancel.

Of course all these could equally happen with any postponed game for weather so it's not the end of the world but if Livingston are found to have breached rules in not turning up and get a points deduction I'd imagine they will also have to make some financial reparations to East Stirlingshire. Hamilton had to pay Stenhousemuir's expenses for their infamous strike hit game as I recall.

Well yes, the game will be replayed. But it will presumably be played midweek with a much lower crowd than a home season opener would have had (yes, ok, in the scheme of East Stirling crowds it can't get all that much lower).

They probably had some costs for staging the first game that will be repeated next time. Don't know if they do their own match catering but presumably a lot of pies etc were bought and went to waste, if not by East Stirling then by whoever owns the catering franchise. They may have to reprint a programme (although they may just do the same one with an insert or indeed nothing at all). They might have had to pay stewards because it was too late to cancel.

Of course all these could equally happen with any postponed game for weather so it's not the end of the world but if Livingston are found to have breached rules in not turning up and get a points deduction I'd imagine they will also have to make some financial reparations to East Stirlingshire. Hamilton had to pay Stenhousemuir's expenses for their infamous strike hit game as I recall.

Or a simple solution - rearrange the game on the international weekend, either as an early kick off on the Saturday or on the Sunday.

I think it's fair to say that we should take a larger crowd to Ochilview than Cowden would have (twice), so there's an opportunity for the Shire to recoup some of the money there.

Thank you, I thought as much but could not find anyone who could answer on Livilions, I also have a huge guilt trip after reading an article on East Stirling's losses & don't really feel this should be just brushed aside, considering if it had happened to my club I'd be screaming from the rooftops! All clubs are finding it hard at the moment without extra piled on top. I'm glad the game is on tomorrow too to cause less disruption to everyone dragged into this sorry mess.

Em, who do you class as 'progressive' Livi fans?

The ones who believed that the club was going to move in a debt-free direction. Also known as 'naive' and 'wishful thinkers'. That must cover the vast majority of the fanbase?

Thank you, I thought as much but could not find anyone who could answer on Livilions, I also have a huge guilt trip after reading an article on East Stirling's losses & don't really feel this should be just brushed aside, considering if it had happened to my club I'd be screaming from the rooftops! All clubs are finding it hard at the moment without extra piled on top. I'm glad the game is on tomorrow too to cause less disruption to everyone dragged into this sorry mess.

I think you probably mean unwilling to answer. It seems that anything which might be construed as being detrimental to the Institution that is Livingston FC is swept under the carpet vigorously. The answer would also probably have to contain the words "paying", "other", and "people" at some point, therefore no discussion would be welcomed on that Board