Livingston - all the threads merged

Who do you think you are sonny? Insolvency practitioners are amongst the most highly regulated professionals on the planet and it takes rather longer to qualify as one than a brain surgeon. What they do for a living is clean up other people's messes and in many instances either pursue criminals or relieve decent people with money problems of their debts. They do not cost people their jobs, the ars*holes like Flynn and Massone do. The IP only sweeps up behind them.

I am an insolvency practitioner and my job is one third company doctor, one third accountant and one third social worker.

An insolvency practitioner and a Morton fan, nae luck at all then? :P

One thing is for sure, inspite of all that is written at R3.org, consulting an IP to help with difficulties, in most cases, leads to the company going down or at the very least employees and creditors losing out. Can't think of many cases where the IP didn't get more money than the creditors? Time, especially in the current climate, for "company doctors" to be employed by BERR so that the interest truely is in saving the business!!

Only if the directors are prepared to take the risk of wrongful trading meantime. The court take a dim view of wasting court time. Yes, a winding up petition can be contested but you better have good grounds for doing so!

I'd think they are running that risk at present? Like I say though the presenting of a petition doesn't mean it will be granted.

There is a slim chance a company can survive administration but a company in liquidation is dead with no way back. Hence, if a club goes into liquidation, their league membership dies with them.

Shouldn't that read "There is a slim chance a company can survive administration, dependant on their being enough assets left after the IP has taken his rather obscene fees, but a company in liquidation, with little for the IP to gain is dead with no way back. Hence, if a club goes into liquidation, their league membership dies with them?"

Having worked in the insolvency world I am yet to come across a poor insolvency practitioner.

They don't do it for nothing and they very much look after themself rather than anyone else. I think on a Protected Trust Deed (PTD) for the average man on the street who is strapped for cash the creditor gets next to nothing, but its not unusual for the insolvency practitioner to make a FOUR FIGURE sum out of it :rolleyes:

Having worked in the insolvency world I am yet to come across a poor insolvency practitioner.

They don't do it for nothing and they very much look after themself rather than anyone else. I think on a Protected Trust Deed (PTD) for the average man on the street who is strapped for cash the creditor gets next to nothing, but its not unusual for the insolvency practitioner to make a FOUR FIGURE sum out of it :rolleyes:

A few years back a company I worked for couldn't pay a tax bill of £30 grand, they approached an IP with a view to doing a CVA as the taxman didn't want to negotiate. The IP wanted £7 grand for managing it (paid over 10 weeks) and the taxman was to get 25p in the £ over 5 years!!

Faced with that farce neotiations were sucessfully completed with the taxman with regards to a ttp agreement.

How much did Wilson Field stuff the Gretna creditors for?

There's already a Livingston team there ;)

I know :D.

So if Livi couldn't get into the EoS they should think about merging with the junior team with a view of building an SFL side of the future.

Livi players are banned from attending the fans player of the year awards tonight. Shocking way to treat players and fans. There must be some serious shit going down behind the scenes at Livi right now.

Did the backroom staff walk out today???. The club must be getting close to going into Admin.

Guest el bawbag
Livi players are banned from attending the fans player of the year awards tonight. Shocking way to treat players and fans. There must be some serious shit going down behind the scenes at Livi right now.

Did the backroom staff walk out today???. The club must be getting close to going into Admin.

Massone's reason was that they had a)not asked permission from the club for the players to attend b)by choosing to hold it somewhere else had deliberatley witheld income from the club

it was also stated that there will be an official PoTY at the club.

make of that what you will :wacko:

Edited by el bawbag

You dont mess with the fans like that. There is more to come from this over the next week or two. KPMG will in before the start of next season unless Massone pays the bills which must be into six figures if you beleive all the media hype.

Edited by Bannockburn Par

Here's the Livi Chairman shooting himself in the foot...Again

Chairman:

'Enough is Enough'

First of all, I am disappointed that I am put in a position today that I have to repeat myself once again with regards to matters surrounding the football club found in the press.

At Livingston Football Club, the board and I are building a future for the club that we are all working very hard towards achieving as quickly as possible. But the only news you as supporters recieve seems to be negative. It is time for you to understand why this is happening.

There is an organised group of four or five people who call themselves supporters who are trying to damage the club. They are trying to force out the current board and myself for their own personal gain.

They want to take control of this club, kill it and restart it again in the lower divisions. This is through their own personal interests that they want this to happen. Obviously, this would once and for all destory the club, erasing it from professional football.

They claim to have the best interests of the club at heart but all they have done in recent months is damage the club by helping create false reports in the press and conflict within our support.

They are misleading supporters though their propaganda - which is being utilised by the Scottish press = to force them to believe inaccurate information about this club.

I attended the Livi for Life trust's meeting last Sunday, having also been invited to their meeting here at the club last November. At November's meeting, they had approximately 400 attendees. This time, they had between 40 and 50. It is clear thst their beliefs and actions are insignificant and are not representative of Livingston fans/

It also appears to me that the current members of the trust are still strongly linked to the previous regime to be truly objective. For that reason, they are no longer worthy of my attention and yours. I have wasted enough time with them when I should be moving forward with rebuilding the club.

With regards to so-called issures amongst our players, their results on the park in recent weeks are there for you to see. You can judge for yourselves gow affected they supposedly are, if press reports were accurate.

As for our staff, when I came here I found the majority of them to be very hard woking and dedicated people. It is also fair for you to know that I found people who did not have the best interests of the club at heart. After a long investigation, it has been proved to me that they undermined the financial stability of the club over a long period of time. Fortunately, these issues have resolved themselves recently.

We need all our supporters to help the club. This weekend a "Player of the Year" event is taking place outside of the club. By not holding this event here, those who organised it are failing to help their club. No permission was sought for our players to attend this event, therefore they won't be.

We intend to hold our own official "Player of the Year" event here at the club, where all of the club's staff, coaches and players will be in attendance for you to spend an evening with.

Right now, we are counting on your continued support and we thank you for it. We encourage you to take up our special "Early Bird" offer to renew your season tickets in order for us to have a great season together.

I thank you again for your support and I hope you will respect our minutes silence today for those affected in Italy by the recent earthquake.

Signed, Angelo Massone (Chairman, Livingston Football Club)

With thanks to Edinburgh Livi for his outstanding typing. We salute you sir ;)

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton