Livingston - all the threads merged

Here's the Livi Chairman shooting himself in the foot...Again

Chairman:

'Enough is Enough'

First of all, I am disappointed that I am put in a position today that I have to repeat myself once again with regards to matters surrounding the football club found in the press.

At Livingston Football Club, the board and I are building a future for the club that we are all working very hard towards achieving as quickly as possible. But the only news you as supporters recieve seems to be negative. It is time for you to understand why this is happening.

There is an organised group of four or five people who call themselves supporters who are trying to damage the club. They are trying to force out the current board and myself for their own personal gain.

They want to take control of this club, kill it and restart it again in the lower divisions. This is through their own personal interests that they want this to happen. Obviously, this would once and for all destory the club, erasing it from professional football.

They claim to have the best interests of the club at heart but all they have done in recent months is damage the club by helping create false reports in the press and conflict within our support.

They are misleading supporters though their propaganda - which is being utilised by the Scottish press = to force them to believe inaccurate information about this club.

I attended the Livi for Life trust's meeting last Sunday, having also been invited to their meeting here at the club last November. At November's meeting, they had approximately 400 attendees. This time, they had between 40 and 50. It is clear thst their beliefs and actions are insignificant and are not representative of Livingston fans/

It also appears to me that the current members of the trust are still strongly linked to the previous regime to be truly objective. For that reason, they are no longer worthy of my attention and yours. I have wasted enough time with them when I should be moving forward with rebuilding the club.

With regards to so-called issures amongst our players, their results on the park in recent weeks are there for you to see. You can judge for yourselves gow affected they supposedly are, if press reports were accurate.

As for our staff, when I came here I found the majority of them to be very hard woking and dedicated people. It is also fair for you to know that I found people who did not have the best interests of the club at heart. After a long investigation, it has been proved to me that they undermined the financial stability of the club over a long period of time. Fortunately, these issues have resolved themselves recently.

We need all our supporters to help the club. This weekend a "Player of the Year" event is taking place outside of the club. By not holding this event here, those who organised it are failing to help their club. No permission was sought for our players to attend this event, therefore they won't be.

We intend to hold our own official "Player of the Year" event here at the club, where all of the club's staff, coaches and players will be in attendance for you to spend an evening with.

Right now, we are counting on your continued support and we thank you for it. We encourage you to take up our special "Early Bird" offer to renew your season tickets in order for us to have a great season together.

I thank you again for your support and I hope you will respect our minutes silence today for those affected in Italy by the recent earthquake.

Signed, Angelo Massone (Chairman, Livingston Football Club)

While I agree that Massone is verging on madness, I believe he has a point in that certain people are undermining him at the club.

For example, LiviNews is run by Wall E who is also Plug/Pedro on Livilions and he repeatedly puts down Massone on the forums. He is also secretary of the supporter's club that is holding the PotY dance at Pumpherston and not in the club premises therefore denying the club much needed income. He also joined the LFL "Trust" board at the AGM yet sat in the audience last week asking set questions that wouldn't upset the Italians at the back. He works for the club filming the games as LiviTV and gets free access to games for doing it.

The guy has more faces than the town clock and Massone has probably figured out who he is now. Or have I given the game away ??? :lol:

While I agree that Massone is verging on madness, I believe he has a point in that certain people are undermining him at the club.

For example, LiviNews is run by Wall E who is also Plug/Pedro on Livilions and he repeatedly puts down Massone on the forums. He is also secretary of the supporter's club that is holding the PotY dance at Pumpherston and not in the club premises therefore denying the club much needed income. He also joined the LFL "Trust" board at the AGM yet sat in the audience last week asking set questions that wouldn't upset the Italians at the back. He works for the club filming the games as LiviTV and gets free access to games for doing it.

The guy has more faces than the town clock and Massone has probably figured out who he is now. Or have I given the game away ??? :lol:

Dunno about all that but the only part that struck a chord with me was Massone's claim that some people have ties to l'ancien regime. That's certainly something worth thinking about. Remember that Pearse himself said that Livingston FC was "nothing without (him) and (his) money"? It's not unimaginable that there are people working to make sure that this is the case, right?

Credit now given...

After the Saints receive their first guard of honour, I demand that they join onto the other team and let me run onto the pitch receiving the adulation of whichever fans I'm in front of.

I'm not losing reality B)

Sunday Herald mentions Clyde & Stranraer too.

THEN there is Livingston, and the Italian consortium which took over from Pearse Flynn last summer. Many local businesses in the area are chasing cash from them, debt is thought to be in seven figures, rumours abound about the imminent arrival of administration, but still chairman Angelo Massone seems philosophical about the situation.

Individual players are understood still to be due £750 in bonuses, but it doesn't seem to be stopping them racking up bonus payments with each passing week. Paul Hegarty and Leigh Griffiths this week won the Irn Bru first division manager and young player of the month awards for March respectively, and remarkably, the West Lothian club have still not given up hope of promotion to the SPL.

"I have never experienced players not getting paid on time at any point in my career, but the players have just knuckled down and got on with the job in hand," former Dundee United caretaker manager Hegarty said.

Despite spending three months out through injury, 19-year-old Griffiths has 17 goals to his name, and went out on loan to Parma recently with the club's Italian fitness coach Nazzareno Salvatori and team-mates Andy Halliday and Joe McKee. Whatever happens this summer, Griffiths is a pretty good bet to be playing at a higher level next season.

"Parma was a good experience and me and the other two boys enjoyed it," he said: "I hope I'm playing in the SPL with Livingston next season. If we don't win the championship who knows what might happen." If only everyone involved in the first division could look to the future with so much confidence.

"Parma was a good experience and me and the other two boys enjoyed it," he said: "I hope I'm playing in the SPL with Livingston next season. If we don't win the championship who knows what might happen." If only everyone involved in the first division could look to the future with so much confidence.

How timely. :lol:

So, where's he being papped off to then?

Guest el bawbag
Sunday Herald mentions Clyde & Stranraer too.

THEN there is Livingston, and the Italian consortium which took over from Pearse Flynn last summer. Many local businesses in the area are chasing cash from them, debt is thought to be in seven figures, rumours abound about the imminent arrival of administration, but still chairman Angelo Massone seems philosophical about the situation.

Individual players are understood still to be due £750 in bonuses, but it doesn't seem to be stopping them racking up bonus payments with each passing week. Paul Hegarty and Leigh Griffiths this week won the Irn Bru first division manager and young player of the month awards for March respectively, and remarkably, the West Lothian club have still not given up hope of promotion to the SPL.

"I have never experienced players not getting paid on time at any point in my career, but the players have just knuckled down and got on with the job in hand," former Dundee United caretaker manager Hegarty said.

Despite spending three months out through injury, 19-year-old Griffiths has 17 goals to his name, and went out on loan to Parma recently with the club's Italian fitness coach Nazzareno Salvatori and team-mates Andy Halliday and Joe McKee. Whatever happens this summer, Griffiths is a pretty good bet to be playing at a higher level next season.

-20 goals

-training for a few days does not equal loan

seriously what kind of fuckwit journo doesnt do basic research

The feelings I'm hearing is that a lot of season-ticket holders are giving up renewing their season-ticket because of Massone. We do not know what to believe from the club any more and by theating the fans poorly will drive them out. If we want to celebrate the great things our players have done this season then so be it, we need something to cheer us up.

A quick death is better than a slow painful death Massone. If you are serious Massone then prove it by sticking to your promises and PAY THE PLAYERS AND STAFF ON TIME. We wont sign anyone if you don't pay the wages and dont tell us crap like "In Italy..." this is Scotland and our WONDERFUL banks DEMAND payments come on time or they fine us big time. In the end it might be better to sign for the likes of Morton than us because at least Morton pay their players and staff on time.

If you can't do that then go back to Italy and eat pizza-pie and let us die in peace with the very-little respect we have left in Scottish football.

The feelings I'm hearing is that a lot of season-ticket holders are giving up renewing their season-ticket because of Massone. We do not know what to believe from the club any more and by theating the fans poorly will drive them out. If we want to celebrate the great things our players have done this season then so be it, we need something to cheer us up.

A quick death is better than a slow painful death Massone. If you are serious Massone then prove it by sticking to your promises and PAY THE PLAYERS AND STAFF ON TIME. We wont sign anyone if you don't pay the wages and dont tell us crap like "In Italy..." this is Scotland and our WONDERFUL banks DEMAND payments come on time or they fine us big time. In the end it might be better to sign for the likes of Morton than us because at least Morton pay their players and staff on time.

If you can't do that then go back to Italy and eat pizza-pie and let us die in peace with the very-little respect we have left in Scottish football.

I don't know why you picked Morton. As far as I am aware, every other team in the league, even Clyde, pay their staff and players on time.

You got Innes ahead of us because you were paying him more money. I wonder if Innes knew what he was letting himself in for!

Because you are currently at a similar level to us, maybe?

And we are paying Innes £1.2k, I believe you offered him the same. Perhaps if you'd finished above us last season then he'd have gone to you.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's far from conventional but surely all of the court settlements (defeats) mean that the list of creditors is getting much shorter than it was?

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's far from conventional but surely all of the court settlements (defeats) mean that the list of creditors is getting much shorter than it was?

Is Angelo Massone your real name?

To be fair though once papers are served even if the debt is paid the case still calls in court on the appointed date, so he could be doing deals prior to the case calling, he does at least now seem to be represented in court.

I note that HMRC have RBS in court this week, perhaps we should start to worry about them as well.

If you're losing all these cases you'll have to pay the legal fees so it's just adding more really.