Livingston - all the threads merged

I'm not disputing that fact at all mate, the mere notion of clear divisions in a support of c. 800 supporters is ludicrous, let alone the fact that it's been rumbling on for so long.

What is ludicrous is claiming to set up a new supporters club behind the anonymity of an online account, and doing so in a pretty amateurish and restrictive manner. Like I said, given Gnaw's fairly abrasive personality when it comes down to the nitty gritty of Livi, their ownership and the Trust/LLSC, I'll take this proposal with a pinch of salt, like I said. If he were serious, which I highly doubt he is, he should probably seek someone with some gumption instead of posting it on Pie and Bovril of all sites.

Fair point Afro,would be best first an foremost to advertise it on the livi room site. The lions den as we all know is the mouthpiece for the LLSC and GS,so probably best to stick with the livi room first and foremost before going elsewhere.

I'm not disputing that fact at all mate, the mere notion of clear divisions in a support of c. 800 supporters is ludicrous, let alone the fact that it's been rumbling on for so long.

What is ludicrous is claiming to set up a new supporters club behind the anonymity of an online account, and doing so in a pretty amateurish and restrictive manner. Like I said, given Gnaw's fairly abrasive personality when it comes down to the nitty gritty of Livi, their ownership and the Trust/LLSC, I'll take this proposal with a pinch of salt, like I said. If he were serious, which I highly doubt he is, he should probably seek someone with some gumption instead of posting it on Pie and Bovril of all sites.

Another great post. Keep them coming you talk lots of sense.

Fair point Afro,would be best first an foremost to advertise it on the livi room site. The lions den as we all know is the mouthpiece for the LLSC and GS,so probably best to stick with the livi room first and foremost before going elsewhere.

Why if you want to be inclusive?

This sort of post just tells me you want division and are hell bent on driving the division between the fans.

Majority of Livi fans are not interested in supporters clubs they just want to go and support their team.

I don't mind anyone in the Livi support if the DBM want to sing then that's fine creating an atmosphere is a good thing. The thing that annoys me the most is that GS and the DBM think they are the main fans of the club even though they pick and choose their games. I rarely see the DBM at games and GS for example were in Coventry playing some pub game while Livi were at Falkirk and then they had the cheek to pretend it means anything to our club.

Anyone on here attending the Livi vs GS game this weekend?

Haud the bus a minute. Are the GS a "supporters" team?

Is it a 20s team they are playing? Surely the Livi first team aren't playing them this weekend with such a crucial run in to the season?

I have read that wrong, haven't I?

Why if you want to be inclusive?

This sort of post just tells me you want division and are hell bent on driving the division between the fans.

Majority of Livi fans are not interested in supporters clubs they just want to go and support their team.

Your talking about deep division LTG that has been here for a number of years,it ain't going away by burying the head in the sand and hoping it do's,you've got your opinion I've got mines. Clearly your involved with one lot while I'm involved with the other and by the way I'm a fair age. I get your point bout being inclusive but come on admit it,what is the point of advertising it on the lions den when the majority of folk on there will be LLSC members,they won't jump ship.

Haud the bus a minute. Are the GS a "supporters" team?

Is it a 20s team they are playing? Surely the Livi first team aren't playing them this weekend with such a crucial run in to the season?

I have read that wrong, haven't I?

You've not read it wrong Sonstream!! Unbelievably LFC have committed to playing the GS Livi Supporters team this weekend and have said they will play some first team regulars!! Surely playing a local junior side or a lowland league side who haven't a game this weekend would have been better to give themselves a better test/run out OR no game at all and a wee break. Edited by Whitburn Vale

Your talking about deep division LTG that has been here for a number of years,it ain't going away by burying the head in the sand and hoping it do's,you've got your opinion I've got mines. Clearly your involved with one lot while I'm involved with the other and by the way I'm a fair age. I get your point bout being inclusive but come on admit it,what is the point of advertising it on the lions den when the majority of folk on there will be LLSC members,they won't jump ship.

I am not involved in any supporters group.

I attend matches in my motor and then go home.

I have no time for politics especially when football is my weekend enjoyment.

I see no reason to post it on Lions Den along with Livi Room. I also see no reason why if a group of people who feel need to create another supporters group reach out to he current groups and just work together or agree to disagree in approach. That would be the adult approach to the creation of a new supporters club. I am not against people having a choice but I am against division of supporters and if you feel its hostile just now then this new group is just feeding this hostile atmosphere with its current approach when it has the chance to change it (maybe not overnight, but in the long term)

You've not read it wrong Sonstream!! Unbelievably LFC have committed to playing the GS Livi Supporters team this weekend and have said they will play some first team regulars!! Surely playing a local junior side or a lowland league side who haven't a game this weekend would have been better to give themselves a better test/run out OR no game at all and a wee break.

Said on TLR that I wouldn't be adverse to this sort of friendly if we were well clear of danger and had nothing to play for. Given where we are now, surely at the very least there's a Premiership club sitting idle willing to give their squad a run out before the split fixtures?

You've not read it wrong Sonstream!! Unbelievably LFC have committed to playing the GS Livi Supporters team this weekend and have said they will play some first team regulars!! Surely playing a local junior side or a lowland league side who haven't a game this weekend would have been better to give themselves a better test/run out OR no game at all and a wee break.

Said on TLR that I wouldn't be adverse to this sort of friendly if we were well clear of danger and had nothing to play for. Given where we are now, surely at the very least there's a Premiership club sitting idle willing to give their squad a run out before the split fixtures?

That seems mad. No disrespect to the supporters team (who seemingly are decent at their level) but surely that's just an invite for an injury as a result of a slightly mis-timed tackle.

I'd have thought a weekend off, focus on training/gameplan ahead of the final few games might be of more use. But hey, what do I know?!

Always been strange goings on at Livi, but this season has been particularly strange even by your standards!

That seems mad. No disrespect to the supporters team (who seemingly are decent at their level) but surely that's just an invite for an injury as a result of a slightly mis-timed tackle.

I'd have thought a weekend off, focus on training/gameplan ahead of the final few games might be of more use. But hey, what do I know?!

Always been strange goings on at Livi, but this season has been particularly strange even by your standards!

Aye yer no telling a lie Sonstream,what a wacky season this has been!! If anything I hope supporters of other clubs like yourself can see in these debates on here that there's passion aplenty for LFC. Livi fans have been accused in the past of being a bit plastic etc but those days are long gone. West Lothian can have a senior club no problem,on the level of support,lower championship/upper league 1,but LFC's biggest problem is the fact it's constantly been run by buffoon after buffoon who constantly overstretch the club financially,it's a crying shame. This so called friendly tommorow is another example of the complete buffoonery at the top!! Edited by Whitburn Vale

Imo this would've been better played during our next pre season, could've featured it in during an open day down at the stadium and done it properly to get folk down at a time we were trying to get season tickets sold etc.

Amateur hour putting it on this weekend, just looks like the folk running things down there are playing at it without a clue, even more so than the ones previously fucking everything up at Livi fc.

Imo this would've been better played during our next pre season, could've featured it in during an open day down at the stadium and done it properly to get folk down at a time we were trying to get season tickets sold etc.

Amateur hour putting it on this weekend, just looks like the folk running things down there are playing at it without a clue, even more so than the ones previously fucking everything up at Livi fc.

Mr Motivator

We got a really good turn out for the big game against Queens when we stayed up, and we were getting a bit more at away games towards the end of last season too. We haven't really looked like finishing 8th though so it could well be the playoffs that get people through the gate.

Unless we get fucked away in the first leg, that is.