Livingston - all the threads merged

A few years ago a Dundee Utd fan was prosecuted for being drunk in charge of a young child at a game in Inverness. I think he might've been drunk on the train home with a 4 or 5 year old.

What sort of person takes a baby and a seven year old on a football bus and gets drunk?

That Utd fan was my geography teacher at school. He was a part time journo and was working that day (not a Utd game I believe) so lost his job for being pished when working.

Fun fact - he also went in goal for a beat the goalie event at a fun day. Ross Wallace (ex Celtic, Sunderland, Burnley, now Sheff Wed) took a penalty which he saved but completely shattered his wrist in the process.

Tried to sue the school, lost and got punted.

That Utd fan was my geography teacher at school. He was a part time journo and was working that day (not a Utd game I believe) so lost his job for being pished when working.

Fun fact - he also went in goal for a beat the goalie event at a fun day. Ross Wallace (ex Celtic, Sunderland, Burnley, now Sheff Wed) took a penalty which he saved but completely shattered his wrist in the process.

Tried to sue the school, lost and got punted.

To be fair, that story is magnificent

Nothing against the DBM. I have a problem with drinking on busses & turning up tanked for matches.

That's an individuals choice and basic human right,just like it's yours not too drink before the football,you need a thicker skin livithegreat,it might help.

It's hardly crime of the century though is it!! There are far more pressing things going on at LFC as well rather than the constant CIVIL WAR between 2 sections of the support

I didnt say it was crime of the century. I took issue with you describing illegal actions as a basic human right. Its a much a basic human right as burglary is.

I didnt say it was crime of the century. I took issue with you describing illegal actions as a basic human right. Its a much a basic human right as burglary is.

Legal status has absolutely nothing to do with the principle of human rights; otherwise authoritarian states would be able to legitimately deprive people of their rights by pointing to a statute book. So being an 'illegal action' demonstrates absolutely nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Question Time.

Will Livi survive another year in the Championship and more importantly will the Livi for Life Trust find enough members to continue next season and beyond

My opinion

Yes to 1st

No to second

Question Time.

Will Livi survive another year in the Championship and more importantly will the Livi for Life Trust find enough members to continue next season and beyond

My opinion

Yes to 1st

No to second

Livi won't be in the championship next season,league 1 fitba and part time fitba beckons. Might be the best thing to happen to livi for years,go down,re-group,have some or most of the squad part time. All most livi fans should be interested in is a club they can follow through thick and thin not one consistently living close to the edge.

Don't know about the LFL trust but I think we will stay up I think our squad will be too strong for the play-off teams over two legs in a similar way we were too good for Peterhead in the Scottish Cup.

Don't know about the LFL trust but I think we will stay up I think our squad will be too strong for the play-off teams over two legs in a similar way we were too good for Peterhead in the Scottish Cup.

I'd agree with that. Looking at your squad I still can't quite believe you are where you are. There's some very decent players in there and White and Buchanan is a strikeforce that most clubs down where we are could only dream of.

Gordon, Longridge, Pittman, Stanton, Telfer, Buchanan, White. That's not the spine of a bottom two team. Arguably that's stronger than a few teams sitting comfortably above both our clubs. Even the most tactically clueless buffoon in the country could surely lead that team to playoff victory. Surely.

I'll away back to my own topic now, but just felt the need to waste a few minutes here.

I'd agree with that. Looking at your squad I still can't quite believe you are where you are. There's some very decent players in there and White and Buchanan is a strikeforce that most clubs down where we are could only dream of.

Gordon, Longridge, Pittman, Stanton, Telfer, Buchanan, White. That's not the spine of a bottom two team. Arguably that's stronger than a few teams sitting comfortably above both our clubs. Even the most tactically clueless buffoon in the country could surely lead that team to playoff victory. Surely.

I'll away back to my own topic now, but just felt the need to waste a few minutes here.

Sonstream your a class act ma man,a very good post. Most teams would be pleased with a lot of the livi players in their squad that's fir sure.The problem is the buffoon coaching them,absolutely clueless. Livi can stay up via the playoffs as their squad is far better than Blue Toons,Ayr,Stranraer or Albion R but two questions must be answered,one... Do livi want to struggle on in the championship for another season,it ain't gonna get any easier with United and Dunfermline in the mix, two....Hopkin is a liability,he has no tactical nous,livi may have the players to stay up but the captain of the ship is clueless!!