Quick Question Thread

Ah so the govt taxes the company then they tax the consumer (me) every time I fill up. Well the set of robbing c***s. I'm starting to understand why Starbucks don't pay any tax now?

Is coffee mined?

Grimbo

No its from crushed fish eggs

1) the service button

2) pressing every single flat button the c***s (sorry Mumsnet sorry pal)

Grimbo

3) Cram everyone's mail into the tiniest gap at the side of the main door, tearing the mail to shreds and leaving the part sticking out open the elements. (If the postie in my first flat is anything to go by)

How do postmen (and women - hiya mumsnet, hiya pal) gain entry to communal flats etc?

Erm, walk in? :huh:

^^^ Used to live in a block of communal flats where the main door was certainly of no issue for folk requiring entry! :lol:

Erm, walk in? :huh:

^^^ Used to live in a block of communal flats where the main door was certainly of no issue for folk requiring entry! :lol:

Not quite. The main door requires a key for entry, and it doesn't have a letter box. i.e the postie is obviously getting in the main door somehow in order to deliver mail to the respective recipients' door. Must be a master key or something.

Not quite. The main door requires a key for entry, and it doesn't have a letter box. i.e the postie is obviously getting in the main door somehow in order to deliver mail to the respective recipients' door. Must be a master key or something.

Should still be a service button there somewhere that will be able to be used until 12 noon?

Here in the civilised world we have service buttons.

We regularly seem to have lazy c**t postmen who deliver stuff with "no access [date of two days ago]" scrawled on it, the date referring to a day when someone was in all day even if they had managed to get there in the afternoon when the service was off.

Whoever does my post now also seems to have a habit of folding envelopes over as they put them through. Clown.

Anyone have any experience of being a bit electrocuted? I've had it twice now. Last time I had to go to A&E as my heart was really racing. Had to sit for hours hooked up to a heart monitor. Some old doc came in with a bunch of students. Didn't even acknowledge me but checked his clipboard and said to the students "We have to be careful with electric shocks. Someone was in earlier this week and just like him (meaning me) he looked fine but dropped dead a few hours later".

This time I feel like my arm has been crushed. Heating up/windows down job?

Anyone have any experience of being a bit electrocuted? I've had it twice now. Last time I had to go to A&E as my heart was really racing. Had to sit for hours hooked up to a heart monitor. Some old doc came in with a bunch of students. Didn't even acknowledge me but checked his clipboard and said to the students "We have to be careful with electric shocks. Someone was in earlier this week and just like him (meaning me) he looked fine but dropped dead a few hours later".

Put a lightbulb in your mouth till all the electricity has been sucked out.

I've been given a possible start date for a new job that's less then two weeks away, but been told to expect a letter with full confirmation, how long before a start date should I expect to receive said letter as they also know I need to give my current employer a weeks notice?

I think you missed my joke there. The ^^^ was in reference to me. I used to live in a block where the main door wasn't an issue as it was kicked in long before I arrived :lol:

^^^ Receives his monthly ECT treatment on a Tuesday clearly :P

I've been given a possible start date for a new job that's less then two weeks away, but been told to expect a letter with full confirmation, how long before a start date should I expect to receive said letter as they also know I need to give my current employer a weeks notice?

In a similar situation 19 years ago, I asked them to fax the letter across before they posted it.

It would all be done by email nowadays I suppose...

I'd give it 2 days max and phone them. Honouring a commitment to an existing or ex employer will only make you look good to the new one.