Quick Question Thread

My cooker is repeatedly tripping the fuse when the oven is turned on. To the point that it won't stay on anymore.

Am I best calling out an electrician to see if it's a wiring problem or is it likely a brand new cooker that I'll have to get?

My cooker is repeatedly tripping the fuse when the oven is turned on. To the point that it won't stay on anymore.

Am I best calling out an electrician to see if it's a wiring problem or is it likely a brand new cooker that I'll have to get?

Probably just the heat element packing up - appliances person should sort you out no bother or even just google and it DIY.

Probably just the heat element packing up - appliances person should sort you out no bother or even just google and it DIY.

More than likely.

A new element will set you back about £40- £70, depending on the size, make etc.

It's probably just overheating, keep the door open when you're using it.

Have you tried winding the windows down?

Have you tried the kicking it in the pie, yet?

Microwave meals don't take long either?

Grimbo

Does anyone on here write a blog? I was thinking of starting one just to get some thoughts down, similar to a diary but not as girly, just for my own consumption at first but with a possibility of making it more widely available further down the line. Any recommendations on which ones to use?

If you have the older type wired up fuse put a thicker piece of wire in or span the contacts with a bit of tin foil.

If you have the modern trip switch type fuse get a thin strip of wood or similar that is long enough to jam under the switch down to the floor or other surface and that will hold the switch up.

You may notice a slight burning smell if you use these methods but that is perfectly normal.

How do you embed youtube videos now? I'm sure there used to be a wee button that said "media" that when clicked brought up a box that you pasted the link in to, but that doesn't seem to be there anymore.

You just put the link direct in the post and the magic happens for you.

How do you embed youtube videos now? I'm sure there used to be a wee button that said "media" that when clicked brought up a box that you pasted the link in to, but that doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Check the address if it's just http then happy days but if it's got an s https then remove the s.

Happy days.

Grimbo