Quick Question Thread

My other QQ for today is :
My washing machine is causing the safety switch in the fuse box to trip - is it a washing machine engineer or an electrician I need to call out?

You're a disaster zone. Step away from the machinery.

11 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It's one of those pain-in-the-ass sealed efforts, that you can only change the fuse on. Changed fuse, no solution.

Almost certainly your machine needs the coup.  To double-check I'd use an extension cable and plug it in to a difference circuit.  Your distribution panel (not fuse box) should tell you which circuits are 'different' for you to try.

18 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Your machine is fucked.

Water making contact with electrics somewhere inside machine, unless its under warrantly look for a new one.

If there was a leak causing this would there not be a fairly obvious puddle on the floor?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If there was a leak causing this would there not be a fairly obvious puddle on the floor?

It would depend on the leak rate.

If it were a drip over a long period of time the water would evaporate, similar to an overflow on a fridge which uses the heat of the compressor to evaporate condensation.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Almost certainly your machine needs the coup.  To double-check I'd use an extension cable and plug it in to a difference circuit.  Your distribution panel (not fuse box) should tell you which circuits are 'different' for you to try.

Tried that too - connected to a socket upstairs, and the upstairs circuit tripped as soon as I switched it on.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Tried that too - connected to a socket upstairs, and the upstairs circuit tripped as soon as I switched it on.

A fucked bike and a fucked washing machine?  The perfect time for you to be Scotland's next Graeme Obree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Obree

This could be the birth of a legend...

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Its not necessarily a leak, one of the electrical sensors or thermistors could be making contact inadvertently with water somewhere internally and almost impossible to trace without stripping the whole thing to bits.

I don't have Sky Box Sets but recently found I could watch Game of Thrones from the start (again) which I decided to do in preparation for the new series.

When I got to Series 3, however it then says I need to upgrade and have Sky Box Sets.

Why is that then?

Edited by monkeyblair

4 minutes ago, monkeyblair said:

I don't have Sky Box Sets but recently found I could watch Game of Thrones from the start (again) which I decided to do in preparation for the new series.

When I got to Series 3, however it then says I need to upgrade and have Sky Box Sets.

Why is that then?

Dragons?

2 hours ago, monkeyblair said:

Why is that then?

Cause the first two series were bait and now they have you.

Without descending into the "Edinburgh's a shite night out" argument. What's the best club/bar with a dance floor after a bar crawl around Rose/George/Queen Street?

Seems to be a bit lacking from what I can see? Know places in the old town etc but trying to plan for a large group that I don't wanna be shepherding around too far. So would rather stick to that area.

You know the ads at the top of the page when using desktop version of the site..? The ads can be a bit dull but I'm getting one just now that feels a bit "Big Brother". An online store that sells loafers you can have embroidered with your own text. Quite tempted by a pair of python skin "Shandon Par" loafers for the next P&B night out.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

You know the ads at the top of the page when using desktop version of the site..? The ads can be a bit dull but I'm getting one just now that feels a bit "Big Brother". An online store that sells loafers you can have embroidered with your own text. Quite tempted by a pair of python skin "Shandon Par" loafers for the next P&B night out.

I'm getting followed around the web by an infrared heat detector ad, f**k knows why.

22 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Anyone know of anywhere that would have any use for old VHS movies?  (Not that kind, i'm keeping them)

I've a box of them from my Dad's house that I'm loathe to just throw away, but nobody is interested in them.

This lad might take them off your hands.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A bit late with this but never mind, it's still annoying. Cup draws on Teletext, they pick out a few fixtures to tell you about but ignore the rest of draw. Example: Betfred League Cup Draw last week they told us there was a Dundee derby and an Ayrshire Derby, that was basically it. Why don't they simply show the complete draw, not too difficult nor would it take up any more pages.