Quick Question Thread

This might be a bit tedious but are there any kitchen companies who come out, measure up, supply and fit kitchens with limited involvement from me? I do enough project management at work and I know she'll leave it to me to organise when I'd rather spend my spare time doing f**k all.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah a 6'2", White, Doric speaker saying he is from North Korea will not provoke any more questions. :rolleyes:

In some countries, some people will come up to you and say "Where are you from?"
You say "I am from Scotland."
They then say "Oh I just love Scotland." and insist on giving you a bear hug.
Afterwards you discover your wallet is missing.

I know somebody who had this almost happen to them.
They said "I am from North Korea." and the pickpocket just waved his arm and then walked away.

18 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

This might be a bit tedious but are there any kitchen companies who come out, measure up, supply and fit kitchens with limited involvement from me? I do enough project management at work and I know she'll leave it to me to organise when I'd rather spend my spare time doing f**k all.

Magnet will do as little or as much as you want. All I did was measure and that was it. (choose the layout and style etc) but they sent someone to check the measurements anyway, so they'll do the lot. Couldn't fault them up here, though obviously you won't be buying from the same one.

Any place you can buy a kitchen will be able to send someone out to do the measurements etc. You could get approximate measurements yourself and contact a joiner/kitchen fitter and compare prices with the kitchen company as well to see if they'll fit it for cheaper which they probably will.

36 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

There's a place called Wren at Hermiston Gait, just by Decathlon, that does this. Alternatively, my pal's brother could sort you out - he's a kitchen fitter full-time but likes a wee homer.  

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

Any place you can buy a kitchen will be able to send someone out to do the measurements etc. You could get approximate measurements yourself and contact a joiner/kitchen fitter and compare prices with the kitchen company as well to see if they'll fit it for cheaper which they probably will.

I said I wanted as little to do with it as possible. 

34 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Magnet will do as little or as much as you want. All I did was measure and that was it. (choose the layout and style etc) but they sent someone to check the measurements anyway, so they'll do the lot. Couldn't fault them up here, though obviously you won't be buying from the same one.

I forgot about Magnet, I think there's one down on Leith Walk, thanks. 

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Howdens.

I don't know why but I also associated this place with Trade only. 

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There's a place called Wren at Hermiston Gait, just by Decathlon, that does this. Alternatively, my pal's brother could sort you out - he's a kitchen fitter full-time but likes a wee homer.  

I had a look in Wren the other day whilst I went to B&Q and it does look the business but all the kitchens are about 40m2. I might actually take you up on the homer offer. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I forgot about Magnet, I think there's one down on Leith Walk, thanks. 

I don't know why but I also associated this place with Trade only. 

I had a look in Wren the other day whilst I went to B&Q and it does look the business but all the kitchens are about 40m2. I might actually take you up on the homer offer. 

Just drop me a line and I can put you in touch. My friend is a joiner/handyman and with his brother they can blitz a new kitchen in no time and do a really good job. 

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

12 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Wren is a nightmare, hard sell guys.  Howden are OK and will sell to public.  I got mines online really good price excellent quality, if you get a joiner to work out what units you need you can order and save quite a few bob.

48 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Here's one for him:

homer.jpg

46 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Yeah but you could still compare prices for guys fitting it compared to the labour charges that are added on by the supplier. 

There is a Magnet on Leith walk aye and they're very nice, also Ikea kitchens aren't to be looked down on but I'm sure you know this already. 

54 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just drop me a line and I can put you in touch. My friend is a joiner/handyman and with his brother they can blitz a new kitchen in no time and do a really good job. 

How much to tarmac my drive good sir?

42 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Wren we got them down by about 2 grand. However taking care of everything they are fine

You pay for what you get.

Wren we got kitchen from and a friend put in who is a joiner. Saving money use own joiners

:lol:  That's like the guys who think they got a good deal from Anglian or CR Smith or Weatherseal for fitting their windows because they 'negotiated' their first stupid quote down to a lower stupid quote.

Anyone who quotes you £2k above the eventual price is taking the piss in the first place.