Quick Question Thread

If you get IKEA then their joiner guy that is going to do the job for them will visit the site beforehand to survey everything and make sure that everything will fit properly. They usually have the electrician come along at the same time to see if any points need to be shifted to accommodate all the appliances. A plumber will arrive with them on the first day of work to alter any pipework to run under the units as there is no service gap at the back of the units. Plumber will then come back after the worktops are fitted to fit all appliances and issue a gas certificate (a must) if there is any gas work involved. According to their joiner that I do work with, their prices are as competitive with most of the others.

If getting a kitchen fitted don't get the same man to fit it as a bloke I know. Small kitchen about 2.4 m square, worked on it for about 2 weeks and it never seemed to get any further forward. He also kept asking for money for materials which he'd had already plus he had a young helper who was a bit of a tealeaf. The bloke ordered the wrong worktops and wanted cash to supply the right ones as well. The customer eventually told him to sling his hook. Ended up the customer's grandson, who's a lawyer, finished the kitchen off in about 2 nights, wall units, finishings, decoration, the lot.  If this kitchen fitter offers to do the work give him a wide berth. His name's Pat Phelan.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Time for a pint?

I was planning on going to the gym today as it's my day off but after much deliberation I decided that staying in bed till 2pm watching Emmerdale before heading to the pub sounded like a much better idea.

7 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Talk us through the rest of the potential outfits...(this could be a laugh!)

Some oxblood loafters, new dark slim jeans (32/31) slim leather jacket similar to the shoes, some nice shades. Delicious.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Some oxblood loafters, new dark slim jeans (32/31) slim leather jacket similar to the shoes, some nice shades. Delicious.

Given you'll finish up face down in a hedge, you'd be better with overalls and wellingtons.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Given you'll finish up face down in a hedge, you'd be better with overalls and wellingtons.

Meeting up with a filmy pal who claims to have some nefarious involvement with the Avengers filming so who knows how badly things could go.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Shambolic start. Friend had a run in with a  Dutch stag party before I even got here. 

That's not a quick question.  When I click on here I expect to see quick questions.

I realise what I have typed above is not a quick question either but that's allowed.