Quick Question Thread

Just now, WeAreElgin said:

I'm expecting a call on Monday morning to be in London for Tuesday morning, and the idea of washing at a train station feels a bit OFTW

They've got showers on the train, definitely worth considering from Inverness. You arrive good and early too. Lounge bar and a good night's sleep. Bit pricey booking last minute though.

They've got showers on the train, definitely worth considering from Inverness. You arrive good and early too. Lounge bar and a good night's sleep. Bit pricey booking last minute though.

It's a work trip so the price isn't an issue, I once had to pay £450 for a last minute flight to Manchester so it's not quite at that stage yet. I might just give that a go, cheers.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Does it not stop in a siding at Watford for a couple of hours, so it's not in too early?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does it not stop in a siding at Watford for a couple of hours, so it's not in too early?

Think so. My sister takes it regularly, loves it, I haven't done it for years but the rocking train gives you a great night's sleep. You usually have to book well in advance to get a decent price though. The guard used to wake you up with a cup of tea, not sure if that still happens.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Think so. My sister takes it regularly, loves it, I haven't done it for years but the rocking train gives you a great night's sleep. You usually have to book well in advance to get a decent price though. The guard used to wake you up with a cup of tea, not sure if that still happens.

Alas, no.

2017-04-22-10-05-39-1662924980.jpeg

29 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

It's a work trip so the price isn't an issue, I once had to pay £450 for a last minute flight to Manchester so it's not quite at that stage yet. I might just give that a go, cheers.

I just checked, there aren't showers on the train but you get the use of the Virgin First Class lounge shower at Euston. You get a token from the guard, free for first class, £5 for scum.

Edited by welshbairn

I just checked, there aren't showers on the train but you get the use of the Virgin First Class lounge shower at Euston. You get a token from the guard, free for first class, £5 for scum.

I live in fear of Purple Aki so I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it.

I always buy the same type of milk, 2L of Tesco Orange 1% milk. 

Sometimes, when it goes off, it just turns into lumpy cream. It doesn't actually smell any different, but having lots of white floaters in your tea is a bit off-putting. However, this morning, I went to make a cup of tea only to find the milk smelling like the Devil's anus (it was fine last night), yet as I was tipping it down the sink, its consistency was normal. 

Edit: On occasion, it also goes off whereby the consistency is fine, but it smells - just wrong. Not like "off" milk, just "wrong" milk. This is a 3rd scenario.

So how / why does milk go off in different ways?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sometimes, when it goes off, it just turns into lumpy cream. It doesn't actually smell any different, but having lots of white floaters in your tea is a bit off-putting. However, this morning, I went to make a cup of tea only to find the milk smelling like the Devil's anus (it was fine last night), yet as I was tipping it down the sink, its consistency was normal. 

Edit: On occasion, it also goes off whereby the consistency is fine, but it smells - just wrong. Not like "off" milk, just "wrong" milk. This is a 3rd scenario.

Probably because it's orange.

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Have you gone colour blind? Surely that's red milk?

My mate has just asked me what the term was that was used to describe wee perma tanned, boy band looking, bawbag neds a few years back? I feel like i have a vague recollection of what he's referring to (as in there ​being a term used, i can defo remember the new breed of ned that was starting to appear everywhere). Can anyone assist?

My mate has just asked me what the term was that was used to describe wee perma tanned, boy band looking, bawbag neds a few years back? I feel like i have a vague recollection of what he's referring to (as in there ​being a term used, i can defo remember the new breed of ned that was starting to appear everywhere). Can anyone assist?

#Clubdece?

12 minutes ago, Super_J said:

My mate has just asked me what the term was that was used to describe wee perma tanned, boy band looking, bawbag neds a few years back? I feel like i have a vague recollection of what he's referring to (as in there being a term used, i can defo remember the new breed of ned that was starting to appear everywhere). Can anyone assist?

Spice boys? That was coined by Stan Collymore years ago about his Liverpool team mates but I recall it making a resurgence, or just never going away.

Have any p&b'ers committed any heinous acts in west Edinburgh this afternoon? Missus says she can't get near home as police have sealed off roads. Hopefully nobody has come to harm, unless by some miracle it's Myles Hypolyte, in which case I hope a tank has driven over his genitals.