Quick Question Thread

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Also Len Deighton's Bernie Sampson books. These are fictional spy books but the main character was raised in postwar Berlin (his dad was the Berlin station chief). 

Actually these (nine) books are brilliant regardless of the setting; best spy books I have ever read. 

Another decent fictional one. A series about a Berlin police detective that starts in the 30's, this one's based in 1949.

9781847242921__75705.1644182931.jpg?c=1

16 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Has anyone watched the program Power?

Is it as terrible as the YouTube shorts make it look or is it worth a watch?

I watched a few episodes, it's probably closer to Top Boy than it is The Wire, probably worth watching if you're looking for something but I wouldn't have massively high hopes for it. 

You tried Snowfall that's a belter. 

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why have there been virtually no films or tv dramas about COVID?  Given the subject matter you would think that it would be prime material for popular culture.

Probably because it was pretty boring.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Why have there been virtually no films or tv dramas about COVID?  Given the subject matter you would think that it would be prime material for popular culture.

There’s ‘Help’ with Stephen Graham. Set in a care home. Not pleasant viewing, but good. 

1 minute ago, 18May1991 said:

There’s ‘Help’ with Stephen Graham. Set in a care home. Not pleasant viewing, but good. 

Jodie Comer was also in it both her and Stephen Graham were excellent. Agree with you that it was good but not pleasant.

On 24/10/2023 at 09:16, Swarley said:

"Nessels" my arse. 

Money first this time

On 25/10/2023 at 17:16, Derry Alli said:

Has anyone watched the program Power?

Is it as terrible as the YouTube shorts make it look or is it worth a watch?

It is both absolutely terrible, and well worth a watch. Some of the actors are fucking awful, but it's still good. Violence and shagging aplenty. 

14 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Would appreciate some assistance here folks. Mrs. F_P is off to China for a few days on biz and has just informed me that if I need to communicate with her, I must download WeChat.

Anyone have experience of this app ? Do's and dont's ?

All relevant advice gratefully received.

TIA.

Sounds like a good excuse not to communicate.

It's just the Chinese equivalent of WhatsApp allowing the government full access to messages of their citizens.