Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

That looks the very thing I need, and more importantly, I reckon I can successfully fit with my limited man skills.

£5 for a pack of 6 on Amazon

MV5BNjFmZTA3ZGItY2M5OC00YmVhLWI1ZjgtZTE4OWFhNjI4YmQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE0MzQwMjgz._V1_.jpg.ce72fda1b0b4f477a4060c0abf25ec01.jpg

ETA - Thank you, requisite greenie applied.

Edited by Boghead ranter

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

See on your cheapo chipboard kitchen cupboard doors, when the fixing gets pulled out, including the rawlplugs, and wrecks the 'wood', what's the best way to repair it?

20240306_082135.thumb.jpg.9f303ae218c62b2c18dec2fabe4d0618.jpg

Entire new kitchen required IMO. 

Has anyone ever seen Mad March hares? 

I've seen them on a nature programme but never in the wild. Apparently the males start paggaring each other this time of year (it's all to do with getting their hole of course)

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Has anyone ever seen Mad March hares? 

I've seen them on a nature programme but never in the wild. Apparently the males start paggaring each other this time of year (it's all to do with getting their hole of course)

I have. In a field from a train window. They looked huge, like kangaroos and were going for it, battering each other.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I have. In a field from a train window. They looked huge, like kangaroos and were going for it, battering each other.

Were you pished on train cans? 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

If you put an egg in a dishwasher and switch it on, will the egg cook? Would it be hard or soft boiled?

Dishwashers offer the same environment – low temperatures that slowly cook foods without shocking them, thus creating tender meats, crisp veggies and perfectly soft-boiled eggs

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

If you put an egg in a dishwasher and switch it on, will the egg cook? Would it be hard or soft boiled?

Here we go. Div will have to put up a message warning people not to put eggs in their dishwashers now. 

Just now, hk blues said:

Dishwashers offer the same environment – low temperatures that slowly cook foods without shocking them, thus creating tender meats, crisp veggies and perfectly soft-boiled eggs

I never even thought of meat done this way. 

Pound of mince, onions, carrots...could be good.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

You can even eat them in the dishwasher thereby saving on washing the plates afterwards.  Two birds with one stone if you like.

ETA - That's probably bad advice.

On 06/03/2024 at 08:38, Boghead ranter said:

See on your cheapo chipboard kitchen cupboard doors, when the fixing gets pulled out, including the rawlplugs, and wrecks the 'wood', what's the best way to repair it?

20240306_082135.thumb.jpg.9f303ae218c62b2c18dec2fabe4d0618.jpg

Sorry, late to this.

Those other solutions "might" work, but this is the only way to make it perfect.

I use it now and again in my job, and also had to fix a cabinet in my sons uni halls in Glasgow where both hinges had been broken off, worse than yours.

Dead easy to use, solid in 15, sand and drill in 30 and makes it stronger than it was to start with.

Get a good buzz off the fumes too !!

image.png.2193362073ec4d3017b1bfaf3d8a23ac.png

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Chef at my old work used to put salmon in the glasswasher.

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Careful, they'll be calling you a bot.