Quick Question Thread

I was walking past the brew room & I have no money for fags or dinner today. I noticed the box of cakes that are there for some sort of charity and you are meant to put a pound in the box then take one.

On a scale of 1-10, how wrong would it be of me to take a cake and put the pound in tomorrow morning when i've been paid?

Don't see much wrong with it myself. There was an honesty shop at the place I last worked at and it was full of IOUs. I took a couple of things and then threw in a fiver at the end of the week, even though I'd probably only had a couple of quid's worth of stuff. The rest went to charity so I didn't mind.

Right, this will no doubt sound silly, but here goes. Would railway line modification/repair/work ever be carried out during the night? I live just infront of a railway line and station, and I swear I've heard things like tools being used and clanks of metal in the middle of the night, and I'm wondering if it might be the railway? unsure.gif

Edited by McKee

After a quick browse in the Hitler book thread it got me thinking about a book I was meaning to get hold of but I can't remember its name - apparently lots of people who have read it have killed themselves after completing it. Anyone any ideas what this book is called?

After a quick browse in the Hitler book thread it got me thinking about a book I was meaning to get hold of but I can't remember its name - apparently lots of people who have read it have killed themselves after completing it. Anyone any ideas what this book is called?

the koran??

Right, this will no doubt sound silly, but here goes. Would railway line modification/repair/work ever be carried out during the night? I live just infront of a railway line and station, and I swear I've heard things like tools being used and clanks of metal in the middle of the night, and I'm wondering if it might be the railway? unsure.gif

It's not that silly, railway maintenance is regularly carried out overnight, apart from freight services and the sleeper trains there's very few running after midnight so it's easier to shut lines without causing too much disruption.

It's not that silly, railway maintenance is regularly carried out overnight, apart from freight services and the sleeper trains there's very few running after midnight so it's easier to shut lines without causing too much disruption.

What he said. My younger brother works on the railway and regularly works nightshift fixing track etc.

The catcher in the rye?