Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

I read it as "The Yellow Walloper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

That would have been a novel title for a short story.

I think my FM10 is fucked. I didn't think it merited a full thread on the gaming forum, so just stuck it here.

I go to open it and get this screen on my laptop;

post-13094-12735006770113_thumb.png

What the f**k? huh.gif

My FM08 does that every time I start up. Click OK and nothing happens, just continue as often.

I've been looking for a new telly for a while now, and notice that Curry's are doing a deal that if you buy a new TV for £599 or over you get £10 cashback for every goal England score at the World Cup.

Now, Curry's are always more expensive than other places, but if England were to score, say, five or six goals this tournament then it'd bring the price down to the level of other places, and more than that and it'd work out cheaper.

What I want to know is, would it be acceptable in this case to want England to win at fitba? Even though I wouldn't want them to win the tournament overall a couple of pumpings could be great if I go ahead and purchase one.

Why don't you just get a bargain elsewhere on a tv, pay less than Curry's anyway, then enjoy the world cup without the quandary of having to put xenophobia aside for the betterment of your bank balance?

Why don't you just get a bargain elsewhere on a tv, pay less than Curry's anyway, then enjoy the world cup without the quandary of having to put xenophobia aside for the betterment of your bank balance?

Hmm, the risk is that if England do score a good few goals then a TV from Curry's will then become cheaper than buying it somewhere else (even if the somewhere else had it cheaper to begin with).

Putting xenophobia aside isn't really an option for me, you do know that I'm a raging Nationalist, don't you? FFFFFREEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

It is a quandry.

Edited by Gaz

I've been looking for a new telly for a while now, and notice that Curry's are doing a deal that if you buy a new TV for £599 or over you get £10 cashback for every goal England score at the World Cup.

Now, Curry's are always more expensive than other places, but if England were to score, say, five or six goals this tournament then it'd bring the price down to the level of other places, and more than that and it'd work out cheaper.

What I want to know is, would it be acceptable in this case to want England to win at fitba? Even though I wouldn't want them to win the tournament overall a couple of pumpings could be great if I go ahead and purchase one.

Nope, you just hope that they get beat 5-4 or the like in every game!! :P

Hmm, the risk is that if England do score a good few goals then a TV from Curry's will then become cheaper than buying it somewhere else (even if the somewhere else had it cheaper to begin with).

Putting xenophobia aside isn't really an option for me, you do know that I'm a raging Nationalist, don't you? FFFFFREEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

It is a quandry.

I knew you were a raging nat, because you're the worst of the lot of them Gaz. <_<

Surely a telly over £599 isn't going to end up a massive bargain with only a tenner a goal off? I mean, have you seen the 30 man initial squad? If Rooney isn't in top form they'll be lucky to score 5.

Get a bargain elsewhere, get the kilt on and munch through the porridge oats while swearing at Clive Tyldesley as you open your e-mail send box poised to complain in case he mentions 1966.

Is there not a deal on at lidls or aldi just now?

Guest The Phoenix

I am not female, therefore I shouldn't?

Can't speak for others but I wouldn't look up from my PC to have a wee swatch.