Quick Question Thread

Who invented food like Quiche,Scotch Eggs and Steak and Kidney pie?

There must have been a plan for these three things as the ingredients have f**k all in common.

There must have been a plan for these three things as the ingredients have f**k all in common.

Quiche originated in medieval times in the Lorraine region of France. However, at the time it was under German rule so technically it's German. The Scotch Egg was invented by a food shop in London called Fortnum & Mason in 1738 and is not actually Scottish. It is unknown who invented Steak and Kidney pie and it's origins are unclear.

Quiche originated in medieval times in the Lorraine region of France. However, at the time it was under German rule so technically it's German. The Scotch Egg was invented by a food shop in London called Fortnum & Mason in 1738 and is not actually Scottish. It is unknown who invented Steak and Kidney pie and it's origins are unclear.

Thankyou.

I knew they must have been sick fuckers.First one is German and the next one is someone called Mason.Sound like a member of the royal family.The guy that invented cheese as well must have found it by accident.

For these,try this..............http://www.handmadescotcheggs.co.uk/

Some really different variations and can thoroughly recommend the black pudding scotch egg!

Is there any sites that anyone knows of that can show all the world cup goals so far? I've been on holiday for a week and missed a fair whack of them.

I think FIFA's site have highlights from each game. The BBC have highlights of recent games but I'm not sure if they go all the way back to the start of the tournament.

Is there any sites that anyone knows of that can show all the world cup goals so far? I've been on holiday for a week and missed a fair whack of them.

BBC Sport have them all. I can't find a better way of getting to them all than going to the bottom of this page and clicking on a specific country though. You get the match reports/highlights of every game of that team if you do that.

Every time I see Alan Hansen on TV I'm always reminded of people claiming that he's a turncoat as he refers to the England football team as "we" or "us".

Now, I watch a fair amount of football and can honestly say that I've never heard him say this once.

Has this ever happened or is it just cringeworthy paranoia from the same type of folk who peddle the "British when winning, Scottish when losing" shite about Andy Murray etc.?

Every time I see Alan Hansen on TV I'm always reminded of people claiming that he's a turncoat as he refers to the England football team as "we" or "us".

Now, I watch a fair amount of football and can honestly say that I've never heard him say this once.

Has this ever happened or is it just cringeworthy paranoia from the same type of folk who peddle the "British when winning, Scottish when losing" shite about Andy Murray etc.?

I seem to remember Hansen refering to England as "us" or "we" during Euro 2004, as I commented on it at the time to a friend. You are right in saying that he hasn't been heard saying it recently though. I've been lucky enough to have watched almost all of the World Cup this time round and can't remember him once saying "us" or "we" when it comes to mentioning England.

More paranoia from the ABE mindless morons, me thinks.

He has occasionally mentioned England in the first person (not at this World Cup to my knowledge) but I think that's as much exposure and appeasement. Remember when they failed to qualify for EURO 2008, Ian Wright was in tears in the studio, while Alan Hansen was struggling to repress tears of laughter.

Hansen said before the World Cup he's still a very proud Scotsman but doesn't mind if England do well as he's lived there for years, his wife is English, his kids are English and his friends are English.

Which is fair enough. Only a moron could have a problem with that.

Where is the best place for lunch on Byres rd?

I've always liked Antipasti, but i've heard good things about spontini's?? (it's an italian tapas place, beside little italy - down from hillhead) Apart from that, if you fancy a pub lunch, common rooms is good.

There are some good places on ashton lane aswell, but they will be a bit pricer,

I've always liked Antipasti, but i've heard good things about spontini's?? (it's an italian tapas place, beside little italy - down from hillhead) Apart from that, if you fancy a pub lunch, common rooms is good.

There are some good places on ashton lane aswell, but they will be a bit pricer,

Cheers

No it's a complete urban myth peddled by those who still blame him for Scotland's elimination in Spain '82. I can recall Gordon Strachan referring to England as "us" (or was it "we"?) more often than Hansen.

My question is. if you have a bit of sterling money and you want to change it into euros then where is the best place to go.

if you look at teletext and see the exchange rate and go to the bank its never the same and some banks can vary greatly and burea de changes are a complete rip so where is the best place to go?

My question is. if you have a bit of sterling money and you want to change it into euros then where is the best place to go.

if you look at teletext and see the exchange rate and go to the bank its never the same and some banks can vary greatly and burea de changes are a complete rip so where is the best place to go?

The post office isnt too bad. Thomas cook dont have a bad rate either. They're just two off the top of my head.

This site could help.

http://www.currencytoday.co.uk/holiday-money.htm

I have the weekend of T in the Park off and would quite like to go. What are the best websites to pick up a reasonably priced ticket without being scammed to f**k by touts and rip off merchants?

Not too bothered if its weekend camping, saturday/sunday or just single saturday or sunday tix; just fancy going.