Quick Question Thread

I've not been out on a Monday for years since my student days, is anywhere in Glasgow open and busy? Going to a gig and have the Tuesday off work so likely to want to keep going afterwards.

I know it used to be 'staff night; in Viper on a Monday, is that the case? Any other recommendations?

I've not been out on a Monday for years since my student days, is anywhere in Glasgow open and busy? Going to a gig and have the Tuesday off work so likely to want to keep going afterwards.

I know it used to be 'staff night; in Viper on a Monday, is that the case? Any other recommendations?

You wanting before or after? Driftwood is a bar, no idea where right enough, but they're drinks are from 89p, cheap ones but still. Garage do a more rock night on a Monday, 1030 onwards so it'd be for after yer gig.

Depends what you're into, I guess.

You wanting before or after? Driftwood is a bar, no idea where right enough, but they're drinks are from 89p, cheap ones but still. Garage do a more rock night on a Monday, 1030 onwards so it'd be for after yer gig.

Meant for afterwards, is the Garage busy on a Monday, is it the main bit that is open or the attic? I've not been in that club for yonks, I assume it's also slag cheap on a Monday night there and everywhere else?

driftwood is at the end of sauchiehall street (well at least the main pub/ clubby bit) near charing cross and next to a subway.

Meant for afterwards, is the Garage busy on a Monday, is it the main bit that is open or the attic? I've not been in that club for yonks, I assume it's also slag cheap on a Monday night there and everywhere else?

never been to the garage on a monday, but i think people with trades as well as college students get in free. make of that what you want. http://www.garageglasgow.co.uk/mondays.php

I'm going to Turkey on my jollies and have been told that I can take lira or GBP but there any point in taking anything other than the local currency? Do you get more bang for your buck with the pound?

We're going all inclusive so it would just be for gift shopping.

I'm going to Turkey on my jollies and have been told that I can take lira or GBP but there any point in taking anything other than the local currency? Do you get more bang for your buck with the pound?

We're going all inclusive so it would just be for gift shopping.

Bang for your buck in the middle east? :mellow:

Good man. I shall have a look tomorrow for when I attempt to cook meatloaf.

What a disaster it will be.

On the top floor, there's also a kitchen shop, I forget what it's called, but it's near the food hall end. It has all sorts of baking trays and tins in various sizes and made from different materials. It's something like Lakeside or Lakesomethingorother, I think.

Is the rate of National Insurance still 11%? I have to work out wage costs for my work and have been told to calculate it at 12%...

From : http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/BeginnersGuideToTax/NationalInsurance/IntroductiontoNationalInsurance/DG_190048

"If you're employed you pay Class 1 National Insurance contributions. The rates are:

if you earn more than £110 a week and up to £844 a week, you pay 11 per cent of the amount you earn between £110 and £844 if you earn more than £844 a week, you also pay an extra 1 per cent of all your earnings over £844".

I think Labour were going to increase the lower rate to 12% this April but that was reversed by the coalition after they won the election?

Edited by qpsnapper

On the top floor, there's also a kitchen shop, I forget what it's called, but it's near the food hall end. It has all sorts of baking trays and tins in various sizes and made from different materials. It's something like Lakeside or Lakesomethingorother, I think.

I think it's called Lakeland Limited. My mum's favourite shop in Glasgow <_<

I shall also have a look there.

"If you're employed you pay Class 1 National Insurance contributions. The rates are:

if you earn more than £110 a week and up to £844 a week, you pay 11 per cent of the amount you earn between £110 and £844 if you earn more than £844 a week, you also pay an extra 1 per cent of all your earnings over £844".

I think Labour were going to increase the lower rate to 12% this April but that was reversed by the coalition after they won the election?

I knew this bit. Basically I'm right and the HR woman is a tit.

On another note, anyone care to venture a guess why I am taxed on my earnings from my 2nd job but not charged NI? Not that I'm complaining mind :D

On another note, anyone care to venture a guess why I am taxed on my earnings from my 2nd job but not charged NI? Not that I'm complaining mind :D

Probably because you are not earning over the threshold for NI payments.

I think it's called Lakeland Limited. My mum's favourite shop in Glasgow dry.gif

I shall also have a look there.

Lakeland in Buchanan Galleries is bset option, but you'll also get them in John Lewis,House Of Fraser,debenhams,as all have cookshop sections.

Crocket the Ironmonger on West Nile Street also has some,as do Watt Brothers.

If I had any spare samples,you could have had them for nowt!