Quick Question Thread

you've never heard of the "jeff stelling soccer saturday drinking game?!?" ohmy.gif

I never quite understood why you have to shout 'Football' whenever Dundee are mentioned of all rules?!

I got to play this recently when all the games were wiped out with the weather. Jagermeister might have seen a big sales increase last month me thinks!

I never quite understood why you have to shout 'Football' whenever Dundee are mentioned of all rules?!

I got to play this recently when all the games were wiped out with the weather. Jagermeister might have seen a big sales increase last month me thinks!

i noticed that a lot of the rules seem to have been removed from it (on the facebook one anyway)

it's now "only" 21 rules, a few years ago it covered about 3/4 a4 pages with obscure rules about say Dundee or the "good doctor"

i noticed that a lot of the rules seem to have been removed from it (on the facebook one anyway)

it's now "only" 21 rules, a few years ago it covered about 3/4 a4 pages with obscure rules about say Dundee or the "good doctor"

Christ I'm not surprised, it would be hard enough to remember all those rules as it is let alone 3/4 pages!

Christ I'm not surprised, it would be hard enough to remember all those rules as it is let alone 3/4 pages!

Or more to do with the fact you'd be pished within 15 mins , that's assuming there were no early red cards!

was always good for a laugh although you would be sick quite early into the afternoon, the dreaded combinations were things like Kamara talking (you're drinking) about a Michael Owen injury which was 2 fingers of spirits (or something like that) and a red card... that never ended well. The reduced rules at least give you a chance of making it till half time biggrin.gif

Edited by Clarko_son

On pusbook, how do you share a status with a link to a person's account or place rather than just the name? (so looking for the blue hyperlink)

I take it you mean tagging people? If so then you type @ then the person's name and then click it below.

I think when you see someone is at a place then that's geotagging which you need on your phone.

We did one at a music festival, where we just went through the alphabet. and had to name a team with each one.

So if there was five of us, then we'd take it in turns to name a team beginning with "a". When you get knocked out then you drink. Just keeping going round the group until only one person's left.

Then we changed the parameter so it was people who've played in the SPL/EPL in the last ten(ish) years.

I take it you mean tagging people? If so then you type @ then the person's name and then click it below.

I think when you see someone is at a place then that's geotagging which you need on your phone.

Good stuff.

We did one at a music festival, where we just went through the alphabet. and had to name a team with each one.

So if there was five of us, then we'd take it in turns to name a team beginning with "a". When you get knocked out then you drink. Just keeping going round the group until only one person's left.

We did that once but I kept 'winning', it was shit.

The "original" rules are in Jeff Stelling's excellent book, which I can't lay my hands on at the moment because it's on a bookshelf that I can't reach from my bed.