Quick Question Thread

Isn't that for multiple occupancy? IIRC there's lots of statutory requirements about access, fire alarms etc that a landlord has to adhere to to get an HMO licence which allows them to rent out certain properties to more than two unrelated persons.

More info

Cheers Ad Lib.

There arent any advnatgaes or disadvantages as such. Simply put a landlord needs an HMO if 3 or more people who are not related are living in the flat.

Basically I've tried all different companies and they're all saying they won't let me and three other students rent their properties that don't have HMO's.

Ah well, cheers for the info.

What are the disadvantages of renting a flat without a HMO licence?

Cheers.

My female friend is staying in a flat with two other guys and got around needing the HMO because she said that she's planning on getting married to one of them, so pretend you're butt buddies with one of them then you're fine.

On William Hill they ask for your age before you start you account, now when you wish to withdraw money for the account they say they can't verify your age and you need to phone customer services.... what the f**k is the point even asking your age then?

My female friend is staying in a flat with two other guys and got around needing the HMO because she said that she's planning on getting married to one of them, so pretend you're butt buddies with one of them then you're fine.

If we'd done that last year we'd barely even need to lie, two of my flatmates were so inseparable they were practically bent for eachother.

Now one of them is away and I can't see any of the other three having the balls to act all touchy feely with me every time the landlord comes round. Cheers for the suggestion though, maybe my flatmates bird will sign the lease for one of us and pretend to be engaged. Absolutely foolproof plan.

If we'd done that last year we'd barely even need to lie, two of my flatmates were so inseparable they were practically bent for eachother.

Now one of them is away and I can't see any of the other three having the balls to act all touchy feely with me every time the landlord comes round. Cheers for the suggestion though, maybe my flatmates bird will sign the lease for one of us and pretend to be engaged. Absolutely foolproof plan.

I don't think you even need to pretend to be engaged, I just think you need to say that the two are very serious and there's some sort of future.

I don't think you even need to pretend to be engaged, I just think you need to say that the two are very serious and there's some sort of future.

I actually tried this with somebody on the phone there, thinking I was being a right crainy bunt. She then started trying to find three bedroom flats for me, my mate and the couple. I said there was four of us not three, and she said "yeah but aren't two of them a couple?"

Rumbled. dry.gif

Edit: Asked the only one of us in a serious long term relationship and he was completely against it. Would it work if my twin brother pretended to live there instead of one of my flatmates, or is it only couples that get away with it? Thanks again.

Edited by Guest

On William Hill they ask for your age before you start you account, now when you wish to withdraw money for the account they say they can't verify your age and you need to phone customer services.... what the f**k is the point even asking your age then?

Are you underage???

If the answer is no then phone its free or use a credit card and not a debit card to open an account

Are you underage???

If the answer is no then phone its free or use a credit card and not a debit card to open an account

I am over 18. I only have a debit card so I'll just phone them up. They can spin if they think I'm sending them stuff.

Is it possible to book a ref for a game and how would you go about doing it? Also how much would it cost?

Contact your local Amatuer league set-up. They should be able to provide you with a list of refs. I know the Stirling Amatuer league provides a booklet every season detailing club info/ref info etc.

If such a thing is available locally to you, I suggest that will help you. Not sure how much a ref gets a game now but I imagine it will be around the £30 mark for 90 mins

Contact your local Amatuer league set-up. They should be able to provide you with a list of refs. I know the Stirling Amatuer league provides a booklet every season detailing club info/ref info etc.

If such a thing is available locally to you, I suggest that will help you. Not sure how much a ref gets a game now but I imagine it will be around the £30 mark for 90 mins

Thanks, helpful info :)

Guest The Phoenix

I actually tried this with somebody on the phone there, thinking I was being a right crainy bunt. She then started trying to find three bedroom flats for me, my mate and the couple. I said there was four of us not three, and she said "yeah but aren't two of them a couple?"

Rumbled. dry.gif

Edit: Asked the only one of us in a serious long term relationship and he was completely against it. Would it work if my twin brother pretended to live there instead of one of my flatmates, or is it only couples that get away with it? Thanks again.

The way around the HMO issue is to only put two names on the lease and then move in the extra bodies.

The problems are for the landlord with multiple occupancy not the tenants.

Is there a tarriff on o2 where i can get unlimited texts to any network and so many minutes and 0 internet?

For pay as you go? Simplicity gives you unlimited texts and 100 minutes for £10 a month. You don't get any credit though. You get more minuted for £15.

No doubt a silly question but how expensive is it to get your kitchen tiled, obviously will varie pending on size and tiles you want but is it that expensive?

Depends on the tiles that you want as well.

My parents recently had their bathroom re-tiled. They just got rippled white tiles that came to just shy of £100 and they managed to get someone in to tile it for them for £180. The guy did a cracking job of it, probably better than the other tiler who quoted them around £400.

Shop around.

Yup got a boy coming around today so will see what he says. My cousin use to be a tiler but he has just flew out to USA as i would of phoned him to see what he thinks of the price. The guy is a friend of the family but at the end of the day he is self employed so i dont imagine id get any discount. Did the guy get the tiles for your parents or did your parents get the tiles for the guy to do his job?

You normally buy the tiles yourself (well, we did anyway), but if he's a friend of the family he might get them for you.

You can usually ask tilers to get the tiles for you, but they might charge a premium for it. Sometimes they can get them cheaper for you through trade sources.