Quick Question Thread

An odd, football related question here. Maik Taylor is listed in the Northern Ireland squad as 'unattatched', i.e. has no club at the moment. However, I thought you had to be registered with a club to take part in a FIFA international?

An odd, football related question here. Maik Taylor is listed in the Northern Ireland squad as 'unattatched', i.e. has no club at the moment. However, I thought you had to be registered with a club to take part in a FIFA international?

I'm pretty sure that a player turned out in a full international for Eire a couple of seasons ago who was an amateur player, possibly on the books of a non-senior US club or something along those lines.

Why would you think that? Serious question, not rhetorical.

I've no idea why I would think that, it was just one of those things in the back of my mind that I thought I must have read somewhere. Something about a player needing to be registered to play in organised association football, and to be registered you'd need to be with a club.

It seems I've dreamt it up and am likely talking pish.

Random problem here, I've had a small power steering leak on my motor that has taken some time to fix, it's now all sorted and no more leakage but there is a large patch on my paved driveway where the fluid was leaking onto overnight.

I've tried scrubbing it with TFR and detergent with hot water but it isn't for coming off, anybody know of anything that will remove this patch?

GUNK Driveway Cleaner is what you need

I'm pretty sure that a player turned out in a full international for Eire a couple of seasons ago who was an amateur player, possibly on the books of a non-senior US club or something along those lines.

Joseph Lapira, he had a trial with Rangers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6686569.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6912435.stm

Is it ok to cook stuff with red wine in it if you're serving someone that's pregnant?

I'd assume the alcohol would cook off, but I'm not too sure :unsure:

As long as you've cooked it for long enough to evaporate the alcohol, I don't see there should be any problem. The only reason I don't do it is because I hate sauces and stuff with wine in. :barf

As long as you've cooked it for long enough to evaporate the alcohol, I don't see there should be any problem. The only reason I don't do it is because I hate sauces and stuff with wine in. :barf

Cheers! I've asked this in the Preggers thread too :lol:

It wouldn't be a huge amount, probably 1/2 to 3/4 of a glass and it's not like she'd be getting all of it

Cheers! I've asked this in the Preggers thread too :lol:

It wouldn't be a huge amount, probably 1/2 to 3/4 of a glass and it's not like she'd be getting all of it

Aye, I just read it there. The boiling point of alcohol is really quite low and if it's a leg of lamb you're roasting, it'll be in plenty long enough to evaporate it. I'd agree with DHD though, it's a good idea to ask her if it's alright, just in case she'd prefer not to.

Aye, I just read it there. The boiling point of alcohol is really quite low and if it's a leg of lamb you're roasting, it'll be in plenty long enough to evaporate it. I'd agree with DHD though, it's a good idea to ask her if it's alright, just in case she'd prefer not to.

She's staying under my roof, so if i decide to boil it in Gin she'll have that or go hungry!

can someone please explain what wind is to me

Its when you have a stick and a bit of string, and take the string and wrap it round the stick, turn and turn and turn and turn,

Wind - explained.