Quick Question Thread

Are you able to take in all your change to a bank and put it into your account, how do I go about doing it? Do you have to separate if all into pound bags or something?

I know there are the machines at supermarkets but they take 7% I've heard and that's too much for me.

Go to the bank and they'll happily give you loads of plastic money bags. You need to separate it into different denominations as follows:

1p: £1 bags

2p: £1 bags

5p: £5 bags

10p: £5 bags

20p: £10 bags

50p: £10 bags

£1: £20 bags

£2: £20 bags

If you've separated it then the tellers just weigh it in the bags to save time. Do the decent thing and avoid going in at lunchtime or just before the branch closes though, there's nothing more annoying than getting stuck behind someone in a bank at those times.

Go to the bank and they'll happily give you loads of plastic money bags. You need to separate it into different denominations as follows:

1p: £1 bags

2p: £1 bags

5p: £5 bags

10p: £5 bags

20p: £10 bags

50p: £10 bags

£1: £20 bags

£2: £20 bags

If you've separated it then the tellers just weigh it in the bags to save time. Do the decent thing and avoid going in at lunchtime or just before the branch closes though, there's nothing more annoying than getting stuck behind someone in a bank at those times.

Cheers, one thing though, I have a total of £133 which is £90 worth of £1 and 50p's and then the rest is a mixture of smaller coins. What do I do if I've got say £5.63 of 1p's? Put £5 into pound bags but what about the leftover change of each coin?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers, one thing though, I have a total of £133 which is £90 worth of £1 and 50p's and then the rest is a mixture of smaller coins. What do I do if I've got say £5.63 of 1p's? Put £5 into pound bags but what about the leftover change of each coin?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Put £5 into 5 pound bags then you can put the 63p in another bag and the cashier will weigh it. The annoying thing is if their scales are off and don't weigh the bags correctly, and they need to count the coins individually (hence going in at a quiet time).

Guest The Phoenix

Anyone who takes 63p in 1p coins into a bank to deposit into their account should be shot on sight (irrespective of how much in other bagged coinage they are banking).

Try waiting a year or two until you've saved up another 37p.

Edited by The Phoenix

Anyone who takes 63p in 1p coins into a bank to deposit into their account should be shot on sight (irrespective of how much in other bagged coinage they are banking).

Try waiting a year or two until you've saved up another 37p.

You've not quite grasped what I'm saying. I've got exactly £133 to put into my account but in different change so I don't have exactly 500 1p's and 500 2p's etc to put into bags, I'll have a random number of each coin adding up to say £.15.65 or something but all the coins added together equal a round number of £133 exactly.

Guest The Phoenix

You've not quite grasped what I'm saying. I've got exactly £133 to put into my account but in different change so I don't have exactly 500 1p's and 500 2p's etc to put into bags, I'll have a random number of each coin adding up to say £.15.65 or something but all the coins added together equal a round number of £133 exactly.

I knew exactly what you were saying and what I said applies 100%.

Just keep all your dross and bank £130 in bagged amounts instead.

People who take "odd amounts" such as 63p in 1p coins should be shot on sight to ensure other bank customers are not inconvenienced by having to wait while said amounts are counted.

If you've 15 quids worth that you can't bag up, then either coinstar it (losing their admin fee) or feed it into supermarket autotills over the next week or so.

Is your bank balance a round number? Are you never going to get change again?

Are you able to take in all your change to a bank and put it into your account, how do I go about doing it? Do you have to separate if all into pound bags or something?

I know there are the machines at supermarkets but they take 7% I've heard and that's too much for me.

Some RBS (not sure about other banks) branches now have coin machines like the supermarket ones which allow you to put your smash straight into your account.

There is one in the Glasgow Gordon Street branch.

I need to sort out my change again soon. Hate doing it. I bought myself a coin sorter from eBay a few years back for like £5, brilliant wee investment. Seperates all the coins into piles of known amounts. Saves rakes of time. First time I used it I put over £200 into the bank. You tend to spot and use £1 and 50p coins, but the 20p bad boys fair add up.

What were the "innapproriate comments" that the Falkirk stadium announcer made that Falkirk have apologised for?

He announced the Rangers score referring to them as Sevco, or something similar.

Edit: or Newco. I forget, but you see the point.

Edited by Mrs M

He announced the Rangers score referring to them as Sevco, or something similar.

Edit: or Newco. I forget, but you see the point.

Just managed to track it down amongst the Falkirk v Raith match thread. Ridiculous. The Falkirk board are obviously trying to appease militant bears to make the most of their upcoming cup ties.

I can totally understand the presumable outrage which ensued. They're awfully sensitive souls, you know.

It all stems from this...........

13937789.png