Quick Question Thread

I'm tempted to say you should get some advice from your lawyer. :P

However, if the sum was a previously agreed amount (i.e. you had agreed to pay a set amount or a percentage based on some easily established figure) then you would be obliged to pay even if they were late and the original bill was wrong. If the amount was to be determined by some method that was not clear in your agreement with the solicitor then I think you would have some scope to challenge it.

Even if it's the first of these you could try offering a lesser amount pleading the time delay.

Cheers GD, the amount wasn't agreed, well the final amount I paid was agreed but the additional cost was an extra unforeseen cost I didn't agree to in the contract... think ill just pie it again.

It's my wife and I's first anniversary in June and I want to go away somewhere for the night. Anyone got any suggestions for somewhere in Scotland a bit special?

edit: on reading that back, I should add that I want to take her too, I'm not just pissing off for the night.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Guest The Phoenix

It's my wife and I's first anniversary in June and I want to go away somewhere for the night. Anyone got any suggestions for somewhere in Scotland a bit special?

edit: on reading that back, I should add that I want to take her too, I'm not just pissing off for the night.

http://www.skyehotel.co.uk/

Rufflets hotel just outside St Andrews are doing a good deal just now with 80pp/n for dinner, B&B (+£10 extra for Fri/Sats). We stayed there for a friend's wedding party a couple of years ago and it was great (and I still get the email offers).

That's a pity I had some great ideas.

I went in and handed in my details a couple of weeks ago to a local shop for a job but they said they weren't looking now and would be happy to have my details if something came up. Now someone has told me they are now looking for people. Should I go in again and ask? Or will they just get annoyed by me hassling them?

Fairmont st andrews do some decent weekend deals

I went in and handed in my details a couple of weeks ago to a local shop for a job but they said they weren't looking now and would be happy to have my details if something came up. Now someone has told me they are now looking for people. Should I go in again and ask? Or will they just get annoyed by me hassling them?

Get in there and show your willing and keen

I'm just back from giving blood for the first time and after I'd finished I asked for a cup of tea to go with my cereal bar (Special K Red Berry IIRC) and I was refused, being told that I was only allowed cold drinks. Why is it that these state-sponsored vampires are able to take my hot, iron-rich blood and I'm not even allowed a hot drink for my sacrifice?

I'm just back from giving blood for the first time and after I'd finished I asked for a cup of tea to go with my cereal bar (Special K Red Berry IIRC) and I was refused, being told that I was only allowed cold drinks. Why is it that these state-sponsored vampires are able to take my hot, iron-rich blood and I'm not even allowed a hot drink for my sacrifice?

Because they don't want you passing out. Once you've given blood a few times they be a bit more generous.

Really? I thought a hot drink would help.

See when you get really warm, in the summer for example, do you feel more or less likely to faint?

Or, from another perspective, if you feel lightheaded, you take a cold drink.

Vasodilation, which happens when you're warm, means your blood has more work to do (I'm typing this on my phone, I can't be bothered to go into more detail) and less going to your brain.

Vasoconstriction, happens when you cool down, keeps blood more central to your vital bits and means that you're brain is unlikely to go short of blood and, therefore, oxygen.