Quick Question Thread

Someone ordered a textbook which I had put up for sale on Amazon - it turns out they live just around the corner from me. Is it weird to just turn up at their door with the book rather than post it? I'd be saving upwards of £5 on delivery.

I did exactly this a couple of years ago, folk who bought it stayed just a couple of miles away. I dropped it off the next time I was passing. I did send them an e-mail to let them know I would do that, and I refunded their postage.

You need to be careful that you haven't already charged for postage though - they might understandably be a bit narked!

Edited by Gaz

I did exactly this a couple of years ago, folk who bought it stayed just a couple of miles away. I dropped it off the next time I was passing. I did send them an e-mail to let them know I would do that, and I refunded their postage.You need to be careful that you haven't already charged for postage though - they might understandably be a bit narked!

Cheers, yeah I was going to offer them their £2.80 as well. I haven't worked out yet how to charge people more than that for postage - textbooks usually cost double that to send.

Guest The Phoenix

You need to be careful that you haven't already charged for postage though - they might understandably be a bit narked!

Don't see why. They are getting the product they ordered and were happy to pay for and quicker.

Don't see why. They are getting the product they ordered and were happy to pay for and quicker.

Agreed. I wouldn't complain, especially if informed before of the arrival of a scary Goth or whatever.

P.S. I'm sure Bonksy is a pleasant young man who only dresses in black when appropriate.

I'd be a bit pissed off if I had paid money for postage to have a bloke from the next street drop it through my door.

I'm in a proper job now where I have to dress smart. How often should I dry clean my suit?

Whenever you spill something on it or whenever you can smell it as you put it on, you'll know the smell when it starts to arrive.

I've never had a job where I need to wear a suit 5 days a week so don't know the timescale.

I'd be a bit pissed off if I had paid money for postage to have a bloke from the next street drop it through my door.

Aye he'll need to repay any postage fee charged unless he puts on a cap and uniform and pretend to be a courier. If you have an etch-a-sketch ask them to sign it!

Guest The Phoenix

I wouldn't.

There's no way the seller or the purchaser could have foreseen this happening and in my book the seller has fulfilled his part of the bargain - delivered the item. He'd still have to package it and the fact the delivery was on foot is a bonus.

I'm in a proper job now where I have to dress smart. How often should I dry clean my suit?

I'm suit-curious too. How many suits do 9-5 suit wearers usually have, and how long do they wear them for? Does anyone just have one, and cleans it on Saturday?

Where can I get a (an?) Xbox 360 wired pad for fairly cheap on the high street? Looking to get one in Dundee tomorrow as mine just packed in and don't want to wait around for one to get delivered from online.

CEX? Top of Whitehall Street.