Quick Question Thread

We have an IT consultant in our office who came in this morning and told us he is going to work for West Lothian Council and will be leaving us tomorrow.

I have been tasked with buying him a leaving gift for about £50.

He is a 6ft 6 inch tall Nigerian who is very religious and doesn't drink.

Any advice would be welcome.

We have an IT consultant in our office who came in this morning and told us he is going to work for West Lothian Council and will be leaving us tomorrow.

Always floss at night; it's as important as brushing.

This does my nut in. Why do people do the gift thing for colleagues who are moving to another job? Retirees or folk who have been colleagues for a long time maybe, but anyone else can GTF.

Also, by consultant do you mean someone who isn't a permanent member of staff? If so, then double GTF!

Besides, the c*** has let you all know he's leaving your workplace at very short notice. Doesn't sound like a particularly close colleague.

This does my nut in. Why do people do the gift thing for colleagues who are moving to another job? Retirees or folk who have been colleagues for a long time maybe, but anyone else can GTF.

Also, by consultant do you mean someone who isn't a permanent member of staff? If so, then double GTF!

Besides, the c*** has let you all know he's leaving your workplace at very short notice. Doesn't sound like a particularly close colleague.

To be honest his job was made redundant and the company did well in keeping him on this long but he had to become self employed.

He was supposed to be leaving mid January but has got himself a full time position so it has been brought forward.

To be honest his job was made redundant and the company did well in keeping him on this long but he had to become self employed.

He was supposed to be leaving mid January but has got himself a full time position so it has been brought forward.

Does his name begin with R? If so, I know him, worked in IT in my place and played 7 a sides against him.

Does his name begin with R? If so, I know him, worked in IT in my place and played 7 a sides against him.

Na, his name is Akin and he would struggle to play 5's as he is as round as he is tall!

Went for the usual bloke cop out and got vouchers.

Had a book on Christianity and a bottle of Shloer in my hands but put them back.

Na, his name is Akin and he would struggle to play 5's as he is as round as he is tall!

Went for the usual bloke cop out and got vouchers.

Had a book on Christianity and a bottle of Shloer in my hands but put them back.

These 6'6" Nigerians seem to be everywhere.

Guest The Phoenix

Is there a certain cut off amount that you can go into a bank and deposit without being asked how you got the money?

Ie if I walked in with 20k in cash to go into your account would they have to get you prove where it came from?

If you walked in with 20k to go into my account, I promise I wouldn't ask any questions.

Do buses run as normal on New Years Eve? And I assume that none run on New Years Day?

They certainly don't in Edinburgh. I'm sure half the buses stop at about half 7 and its a reduced service as well IIRC.