Quick Question Thread

Priceless computers are worth a visit too depending on where you are

Holy crap, those boys are still going? I mind buying a massive spindle of dreadful quality gold top CD-Rs from them back in the mid-Nineties.

Too late for a refund, do you think?

What sort of cost would be involved if I hired a kilt (full works plus shoes) from the Friday to Monday.

Rough estimates if you please.

Think I was quoted £120 at Xmas.

Cheers gents, roughly what I was expecting. Perhaps might be financially prudent to just invest in a new three piece suit for roughly the same, but would also do for work.

Much obliged.

Cheers gents, roughly what I was expecting. Perhaps might be financially prudent to just invest in a new three piece suit for roughly the same, but would also do for work.

Much obliged.

In my experience I wouldn't buy a suit for less than £300. Suits for less tend to go threadbare within a couple of months and you end up having to fork out more in the long run.

Much obliged.

If you plan on doing this at least seven more times in your lifetime and have a spare £700 or so, absolutely take the hit and buy your very own kilt outfit. No absolute pain of having to take it back on the Monday morning before work etc etc.

Got mine about four years ago and it's made it's money back already. Any 'free' event (work annual dinner, fancy Burns supper, wedding) genuinely feels free now. :)

Has to be Argyll of course, none of this black tie nonsense (even if it says so on the invitation).

Guest The Phoenix

In my experience I wouldn't buy a suit for less than £300. Suits for less tend to go threadbare within a couple of months and you end up having to fork out more in the long run.

^^^ has a wardrobe full of threadbare suits.

Need a bit of advice, ive had little or no hot water in my flat for the past 2 months and the letting agent has sent two plumbers out to look at the boiler (without telling us so its lucky we were in). First guy cleaned a valve and said it was fixed, second guy ordered a part after speaking to the manufacturer and said he'd be back to fit it when it came. Not heard anything since then (about a month ago) and the letting agency just fob us off saying theyre looking into it when we contact them. Anyone got anything to suggest next? Should we withhold rent until its fixed, or is there someone to report them to to get it fixed. Having to rely on friends/gym for a shower is getting a bit annoying. Cheers

Need a bit of advice, ive had little or no hot water in my flat for the past 2 months and the letting agent has sent two plumbers out to look at the boiler (without telling us so its lucky we were in). First guy cleaned a valve and said it was fixed, second guy ordered a part after speaking to the manufacturer and said he'd be back to fit it when it came. Not heard anything since then (about a month ago) and the letting agency just fob us off saying theyre looking into it when we contact them. Anyone got anything to suggest next? Should we withhold rent until its fixed, or is there someone to report them to to get it fixed. Having to rely on friends/gym for a shower is getting a bit annoying. Cheers

Contact Citizen's Advice. This is the sort of thing they deal with all the time