Quick Question Thread

My flatmates and I have incurred a bank charge of £25 for going £2.01 overdrawn in the flat direct debit account. I feel this is a bit excessive considering how much we were overdrawn by. Is it worth trying to contest with the bank or would it be a waste of time?

Of course if my absolute dunce of a flatmate put his share of the bills in on time we wouldn't be in this situation. He'll be paying the bank charge out his own pocket regardless but was just wondering.

My flatmates and I have incurred a bank charge of £25 for going £2.01 overdrawn in the flat direct debit account. I feel this is a bit excessive considering how much we were overdrawn by. Is it worth trying to contest with the bank or would it be a waste of time?

Of course if my absolute dunce of a flatmate put his share of the bills in on time we wouldn't be in this situation. He'll be paying the bank charge out his own pocket regardless but was just wondering.

Phone the bank. They will almost certainly reduce it to a tenner as £25 is excessive.

Don't tell the flatmate, though. Just say you've squared it and he owes you £25 in cash. This then gives you a free £15 to get aff yer tits on 6 litres of Frosty Jacks.

Why, in the name Jethro Tull (in the case of both the band and the influential agriculturalist) is the last name pronounced "tull" and not "tool" (as in fool?

Are we correct to pronounce it thus, (rhymes with dull) or have we been wrong all this time?

Answer: THICK AS A BRICK

Send prize to

Grim O'Grady

c/o Pie & Bovril

Home for the Clinically Insane

Scotland or else I'll kill you.

Grimbo

Eta I hope this is not one of those "you stupid p***k now you've replied to my post you must pick another equally stupid thing to post or 1 of your testicles will fall off), yes I see the irony of "everything I've ever posted".

Write an apologetic sob story email to the bank about your predicament explaining that it was an oversight on your part. If it's the first time they'll probably refund you.

Give the bank a call. Bank Of Scotland will refund or waiver charges on a one off basis so I'd imagine other banks would do the same.

In fairness to Wikipedia, I see they no longer claim that there's a £500 note in circulation.

This statement is currently accurate at the time of typing, but could change at any moment :whistle

I recently became aware that there £200 million banknotes held on deposit at the Bank of England, called Titans. Lets plan a P+B heist, we'd only take a couple, no need to be greedy.

A jakey Cyde fan.

Who'd have thunk it?

Answer: THICK AS A BRICK

Send prize to

Grim O'Grady

c/o Pie & Bovril

Home for the Clinically Insane

Scotland or else I'll kill you.

Grimbo

Eta I hope this is not one of those "you stupid p***k now you've replied to my post you must pick another equally stupid thing to post or 1 of your testicles will fall off), yes I see the irony of "everything I've ever posted".

Why do you write "eta" when you haven't actually edited the post?

Cheapest way from Heathrow to Scotland (anywhere). Bus/Train/taxi

Get yourself on one of those Megabus Gold overnighter sleeper buses for a tenner or something ridiculous like that. The further in advance you book the cheaper it will be, obvz.

You may get a flight to Edinburgh/Glasgow for about £60. The bus would work out cheaper but you'd be on it about 9hrs. The train costs the same as flights, but takes longer.

Taxi? :lol:

Taxi has cost 100 quid before. He did stay for the party. 2004

He got more than a good fare.

Get yourself on one of those Megabus Gold overnighter sleeper buses for a tenner or something ridiculous like that. The further in advance you book the cheaper it will be, obvz.

Cheers, Done it before but had to stand at Victoria.Best again. Cheers.