Quick Question Thread

All great suggestions, thanks. Ideally don't want to have any more than 15 answers per question, or it will take me ages to go through all the answers!

The last 15 winners of the eurovision song contest :lol:

The 15 most populated cities in the world

...and "listing" :) well done - I hadn't thought of that one tbh. I think that was a question on the TV show, I may well be mistaken right enough

It would be easy to check with a dictionary though. Just have to say what dictionary you're using.

It would be easy to check with a dictionary though. Just have to say what dictionary you're using.

But he has to assign a score to each potential answer. Best to do that before the quiz rather than during?

But he has to assign a score to each potential answer. Best to do that before the quiz rather than during?

The only scoring is how many people gave a correct answer. Flicking through a dictionary to check if the least chosen ing word is allowed wouldn't take long. Unless I've got it all wrong.

I realise the answer to this may be "how long is a piece of string?" But here goes - I reckon I will need to replace my boiler soon and would be looking to get a combi instead (I currently have a separate water tank in the bathroom cupboard) A look online shows a real variation in prices, just wondering if anyone recently had one fitted and if so how much was the cost (roughly) - I'm imagining it won't be cheap to fit, either

I realise the answer to this may be "how long is a piece of string?" But here goes - I reckon I will need to replace my boiler soon and would be looking to get a combi instead (I currently have a separate water tank in the bathroom cupboard) A look online shows a real variation in prices, just wondering if anyone recently had one fitted and if so how much was the cost (roughly) - I'm imagining it won't be cheap to fit, either

A myriad of 'old boiler' and 'get a geyser' jokes incoming...have another glass of Chardonnay and await the pun club.

In truth, though, there are a couple of time-served plumbers who can 'sort you out'. Sergeant Wilson?

Was about 3 years ago but i used scottish power.They will tell you you get 400 quid off but its actually a government grant

Get 4 or 5 quotes and pick the one which is the best for your property.Im trying to rack my brain how much it was im sure it was around 800 quid all in

Edited by doulikefish

A myriad of 'old boiler' and 'get a geyser' jokes incoming...have another glass of Chardonnay and await the pun club.

In truth, though, there are a couple of time-served plumbers who can 'sort you out'. Sergeant Wilson?

I could go up and inspect her flue. I also have an extension pipe she could use. She might just need a new pump.

Depending on what's needed it should be around 750-1250 their are grants so have a check to see if your entitled to anything, best thing to do is get a few separate quotes as you might be cheaper going with an independent guy rather than Scottish gas etc plenty sites to find gas engineers in your area with feedback etc

I do a weekly quiz at work (I know, I'm an arsehole), and this week I fancy doing a Pointless type quiz, where there are numerous answers to the questions, but if you get a unique answer you get more points.

For example - There are 17 countries in the world that begin with the letter M, name one. And if only one team say Mali, they get the most points.

Would anyone be kind enough to suggest a question or two?

Katie Price.

If you use hot water regularly and are happy with the existing hot water pressure and flow, stick with what you have and replace the boiler with a system boiler.

The new boiler will be high efficiency, A rated and will, (ahem) fulfil your current needs.

If you have good mains water pressure and an electric instant shower (cold water feed only), then there shouldn't be any issue having showers. Even with a mixer shower, assuming you don't live in a huge mansion, have your heating full blast constantly or like your shower scalding - as long as you have decent mains water pressure your shower should be fine.

It's a mixer shower at present, decent pressure etc. Definitely not a mansion, just a wee 2 bed mid terrace!