Quick Question Thread

Sounds like a plan

I can check it quicker for you. Just give me your name, the long number on the front of the card, and the 3 digits on the signature strip. I can run it through our system and let you know if it's still active.

I started a new job a few weeks ago and It's not working out. When sending out my CV to prospective employers, should I mention it / have my current job on my CV?

Depends if you've already given them your P45 from your old work.  When you get another job, and give them your P45 from your previous employer, it would look a bit suss it was different from what you'd told them was your previous employer.

Depends how switched on the payroll dept were, I suppose.

I started a new job a few weeks ago and It's not working out. When sending out my CV to prospective employers, should I mention it / have my current job on my CV?

Just lie like f**k on your CV. Everyone else does.

Depends if you've already given them your P45 from your old work.  When you get another job, and give them your P45 from your previous employer, it would look a bit suss it was different from what you'd told them was your previous employer.

Depends how switched on the payroll dept were, I suppose.

Just lie like f**k on your CV. Everyone else does.

Heh. Two conflicting pieces of advice. Never thought about the P45 side of things, although I doubt my prospective boss and payroll would be collaborating to stamp out this sort of behaviour (I hope). 

Might go with Dee Man's advice. My CV is already a masterpiece in fiction anyway, so I might as well keep weaving my tangled web. 

Heh. Two conflicting pieces of advice. Never thought about the P45 side of things, although I doubt my prospective boss and payroll would be collaborating to stamp out this sort of behaviour (I hope). 

Might go with Dee Man's advice. My CV is already a masterpiece in fiction anyway, so I might as well keep weaving my tangled web. 

I would agree with Dee Man, if you're confident that the new employer wouldn't rumble you about the P45.  Short periods of employment very rarely look good on a CV (unless you can manufacture a good explanation at interview)

I would agree with Dee Man, if you're confident that the new employer wouldn't rumble you about the P45.  Short periods of employment very rarely look good on a CV (unless you can manufacture a good explanation at interview)

If they rumble the P45 thing the correct response is,

'That the sort of switched on attitude I expect from a prospective employer, I will be staying here'.

Or don't hand in your p45 and fill out a new joiner form (previously known as P46) then you can scrub current job off your cv and future employers will be non the wiser.

Bit late for that, but cheers for the advice. 

Good to see you back. We might be playing in the same league next season :P

I broke a key in one of the external doors to my house. The doors' locked and I have other doors to get into the house so it's not urgent.

The broken part of the key is still in the cylinder, but the lock is a half turn out so I can't just pull the key with a removal tool. The key sticks out so I can't turn it with a screwdriver but it doesn't stick out enough to grab with a needle-nosed pliers to turn. I have a spare cylinder so I'm tempted to drill the lock and replace it myself but I've never drilled a lock before.

Has anyone ever done this or should I play it safe and call a locksmith?

Oh and it's a eurocylinder and I have no idea if it has an anti drill pin.

Edit: Nevermind, a hammer, screwdriver and a bit of brute force finally got the lock to turn. All sorted now. 

Edited by Spain

My i phone is saying that i am running out of storage and when i go to my settings it says that the BBC news app is taking up 2.2 GB - this is by far the biggest use of storage on my phone after my photo's and videos but the app itself says it is only 10.2 MB. Why is it saying its using up so much more of my available storage?

Is it still running in the background? Maybe you've been streaming something and haven't shut it down properly.