Quick Question Thread

Now here's a question. If you were to take someone who's never really seen Scotland somewhere for the day, where would it be and what the f**k would you do?

I should mention that drinking is off the table unfortunately.

Down the Glen in Dunfermline and smash her back doors in

East Stirling v Elgin or the Minter Derby at Gayfield on Saturday?

East Stirling v Elgin.

Even I canna be bothered with our game Saturday. A load of players who know they'll be punted in 9 days time playing in a meaningless game. Great.

Elgin are on to something, from what I've seen exciting to watch and it may be the last time the Shire, a famous wee Scottish club, play a home league game.

East Stirling v Elgin.

Even I canna be bothered with our game Saturday. A load of players who know they'll be punted in 9 days time playing in a meaningless game. Great.

Elgin are on to something, from what I've seen exciting to watch and it may be the last time the Shire, a famous wee Scottish club, play a home league game.

What's the chat with the Shire? They in financial bother again or something?

Now here's a question. If you were to take someone who's never really seen Scotland somewhere for the day, where would it be and what the f**k would you do?

I should mention that drinking is off the table unfortunately.

If the weather stays like this, North Berwick. A trip up the law, walk for miles along the beaches, explore all the wee coves, take a boat trip. Plenty of good places to eat, from gourmet fish & chip place at the harbour, a couple of decent Italians and the Fly Half bar/restaurant at the Nether Abbey hotel does great food & booze.  

Lichtie's shitting it as they're getting reamed fae the Mo'.

Definitely happening. We had 14 players on the team sheet Saturday, 2 of them loans, one a subbie goalkeeper. The shambles we've been left in is a total disgrace. Thank f**k for Bobby Linn, single handedly kept us from finishing bottom. Good riddance Todd Lumsden. :)

What's the chat with the Shire? They in financial bother again or something?

No, just on the verge of relegation, depending on a play off of course. If they go down to the Lowland League I just can't ever see them returning.

Definitely happening. We had 14 players on the team sheet Saturday, 2 of them loans, one a subbie goalkeeper. The shambles we've been left in is a total disgrace. Thank f**k for Bobby Linn, single handedly kept us from finishing bottom. Good riddance Todd Lumsden. :)

No, just on the verge of relegation, depending on a play off of course. If they go down to the Lowland League I just can't ever see them returning.

Why would relegation to the lowland league stop them from playing anymore home league games?

Gotcha, I thought you were saying that it would have some effect on their tenancy at Stenny or something.

It might do? Cove can't play their home games at a Highland League venue next season if they come up as its a different league and set up, so maybe Shire will be effected going the other way? I've never really looked into it.

Still be a bit strange to see them drop out the set up though, I've always viewed them as quite a famous old wee club in Scotland.

Always remember finding Mad Bill and a gang of them visiting Gayf fascinating in my youth, about 10 of them taps aff and going mental following the worst team in Scotland about year on year.

First visit to Firs Park was a bit special too, strange wee ground and again only 200-300 fans but the majority of them seemed absolutely daft. The ground had a right charm about it as well. Shame.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

It might do? Cove can't play their home games at a Highland League venue next season if they come up as its a different league and set up, so maybe Shire will be effected going the other way? I've never really looked into it.

Still be a bit strange to see them drop out the set up though, I've always viewed them as quite a famous old wee club in Scotland.

Always remember finding Mad Bill and a gang of them visiting Gayf fascinating in my youth, about 10 of them taps aff and going mental following the worst team in Scotland about year on year.

First visit to Firs Park was a bit special too, strange wee ground and again only 200-300 fans but the majority of them seemed absolutely daft. The ground had a right charm about it as well. Shame.

They should have been out years ago. Consistently finished bottom of the league for eons up until recently.

They should have been out years ago. Consistently finished bottom of the league for eons up until recently.

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to somebody else coming in with hopefully a bit more ambition and also getting rid of a visit to Ochilview, a terrible away day.

A day trip to Edinburgh or another visit to Montrose (Aberdeen eventually) sounds much more appealing.

If the weather stays like this, North Berwick. A trip up the law, walk for miles along the beaches, explore all the wee coves, take a boat trip. Plenty of good places to eat, from gourmet fish & chip place at the harbour, a couple of decent Italians and the Fly Half bar/restaurant at the Nether Abbey hotel does great food & booze.

Yeah that was my first thought to be honest. Been there plenty myself and there's stuff to do. Tantallon Castle in the sun gives great views as well.

Well you know of the suggestions that or anal, one of the two?