Quick Question Thread

It's nothing to do with blisters I don't think - when you swing the hand that needs the best grip is the one on top of he club which is usually the weaker hand unless you play it wonky.

Probably true but surely they can afford a pair to look less wanky than they already do?

You don't see left-footed footballers only wearing the left boot after all.

They are right or left handed I think. I never wear one but some of my golfing friends have done.

Strangely, i have 2 pairs of socks that are left and right footed,

Might be something that would interest you Throbber?

On one of the Sky Atlantic intros, there is an asian man eating some kind of watery dish with chopsticks when the chef places a napkin on the table next to him. The man puts the napkin in his food and swishes it around.

What the f**k is that all about? I'm very confused and intrigued.

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

On one of the Sky Atlantic intros, there is an asian man eating some kind of watery dish with chopsticks when the chef places a napkin on the table next to him. The man puts the napkin in his food and swishes it around.

It's got a message on it.  He's obviously supposed to be a spy or some shit.

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

It's got a message on it.  He's obviously supposed to be a spy or some shit.

I've started a claim against my work and a solicitor has sent me paperwork, my finger is (guessed to be) permanently disfigured. One of the questions in the paperwork is 'who do you blame for this accident'. 

The thing is, I don't blame anyone. It was an accident. Can I leave such an important question blank? 

I've started a claim against my work and a solicitor has sent me paperwork, my finger is (guessed to be) permanently disfigured. One of the questions in the paperwork is 'who do you blame for this accident'. 

The thing is, I don't blame anyone. It was an accident. Can I leave such an important question blank? 

Accidents are always avoidable, who could have prevented this happening?
Was your PPE incorrect? Was there no proper JSA / RA?
If you ignored safety regs, just answer - Me.

17 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

No blamey, no claimey.

That's the fear.

7 minutes ago, Mortar Bored said:

who could have prevented this happening?

Was your PPE incorrect?

Was there no proper JSA / RA?

If you ignored safety regs, just answer - Me.

Both.

There is no hand PPE for using a sling.

I have no idea what those are.

There is no safety regulations for using a sling, my boss admitted they'd have to investigate a better way of manoeuvring the bar back into position, though. 

17 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

That's the fear.

Both.

There is no hand PPE for using a sling.

I have no idea what those are.

There is no safety regulations for using a sling, my boss admitted they'd have to investigate a better way of manoeuvring the bar back into position, though. 

I can't remember what JSA is but RA is risk assessment.

JSA is Job Safety Analysis- I guess just used in certain industries.
RA- Risk Assessment- same as above.

If you haven't been provided with proper Training to complete the task safely, your employer is at fault.
If you received training and chose to ignore it- no claimey.

44 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

It matters to Digby Brown.