Quick Question Thread

5 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Rugby is pish. 

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Absolutely this ^^^

Played by morons, watched by morons.

Football threads: Beast chat, corruption chat, sectarian chat, disabled weans chat, budget chat
Egg-chasing thread: Happy blokes celebrating an excellent win for Scotland.

Compare and contrast.

Football threads: Beast chat, corruption chat, sectarian chat, disabled weans chat, budget chat
Compare and contrast.

Not really sure what your point is. I understand the rules and have actually played rugby. It doesn't detract from my opinion that it's pish. Why the comparison of the actions or discussions of supporters of football against those of rugby should change that, I can't quite figure that out.

Rugby is great. People that go out their way to tell everyone it is shite are usually too fucking stupid to understand the rules. 

I understand the rules. I occasionally get hospitality at the rugby through work. I still think it's utter bollocks and most rugby fans tend to be utter welts.

FWIW I'm referring to Rugby Union as bollocks. Rugby League I actually don't mind so much. Think it's a bit faster paced and therefore more watchable.

4 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Why is the 'Big Issue' sold outside shops.   Surely, the publisher could sell more copies,  and at greater profit by missing out the middle man and puting it on our shelves.  

The 'donation' goes to the seller and the publisher covers its costs through advertising and donations.  I also know of a few 'City' law firms and banks who set 'Big Issue' sellers up with a laptop and card reader maybe 1 day a week so that staff can use their 'canteen cards' to buy a copy.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The 'donation' goes to the seller and the publisher covers its costs through advertising and donations.  I also know of a few 'City' law firms and banks who set 'Big Issue' sellers up with a laptop and card reader maybe 1 day a week so that staff can use their 'canteen cards' to buy a copy.

Please, that's too soon after Libor.  

21 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Why is the 'Big Issue' sold outside shops.   Surely, the publisher could sell more copies,  and at greater profit by missing out the middle man and puting it on our shelves.  

Assuming this isn't lifted straight from Viz Top Tips, how do you propose the publisher gets it from the printing press directly to your shelf? (where I keep all my back issues). 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Assuming this isn't lifted straight from Viz Top Tips, how do you propose the publisher gets it from the printing press directly to your shelf? (where I keep all my back issues). 

Menzies. 

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Compare and contrast.

Not a like for like comparison. 

If Scotland ever win a game of football again you will also find happy blokes celebrating a Scotland win on here.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Sorry Shandon, nothing personal x

I stand by my statement though, based on the laws of averages! emoji39.png

Based on the law of averages, you're an areshole.

I played rugby & football. yes football is a more skillful game, however Rugby much more a team game. Shandon I'm with you! Not because you're a boxer, ok, because you're fighter.:P. What position of the meatheads did you play?

11 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Rugby is great. People that go out their way to tell everyone it is shite are usually too fucking stupid to understand the rules. 

I never really understood the the rules. Just used to get a bit of a buzz from the combative side of things. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The coverage of the RWC last year and the accompanying idiot guides on BBC website etc made a fan of me

I've been meaning to say for a while, but I'm afraid you're going to have to change your avatar as it's far too similar to mine on a small screen.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Based on the law of averages, you're an areshole.

I played rugby & football. yes football is a more skillful game, however Rugby much more a team game. Shandon I'm with you! Not because you're a boxer, ok, because you're fighter.:P. What position of the meatheads did you play?

Big coach lad would tell me to stand on the side of the scrum (flanker?) and punch anyone who came near me from the other team. Went to see my nephew play a couple of times and it seems a much cleaner game now. Shouts of "deck him" etc wasn't taken well by parents.  Also played number 8 and occasionally fullback. Good camaraderie. Plenty of of us in the team didn't get on but as soon as a game started you'd scrap like mad for each other. 

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've been meaning to say for a while, but I'm afraid you're going to have to change your avatar as it's far too similar to mine on a small screen.

Thank you.

I've been meaning to say this too! Stick in at the Muay Thai and when you're next over, track him down and knock him out (though Bairnardo and I have a gentleman's agreement not to target his fine face and handsome gnashers). 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I've been meaning to say this too! Stick in at the Muay Thai and when you're next over, track him down and knock him out (though Bairnardo and I have a gentleman's agreement not to target his fine face and handsome gnashers). 

Nah, I'm watching my boy. I went for 2 years a couple of years ago and had to give it up due to tendonitis of the elbow which I'm sure was caused by hyperextension of my tendons when I was punching fuck out the bag. 

I'm watching it just now though and getting the buzz back.

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Nah, I'm watching my boy. I went for 2 years a couple of years ago and had to give it up due to tendonitis of the elbow which I'm sure was caused by hyperextension of my tendons when I was punching fuck out the bag. 

I'm watching it just now though and getting the buzz back.

Didn't know you did Muay Thai Dee Man... Do you do it to keep fit & self defence or do you also compete?

Edited by 8MileBU