Quick Question Thread

Has anyone ever done any damage to their collar bone? I fell off a pretty high fence on Saturday after having a drink and I think I may have landed awkwardly. My collar bone feels odd (one of the ends of the two bones that meet at the bottom of the neck. This is resulting in a bit of pain in the throat (feels likr a swollen throat) and a little lower down towards the chest causing slight breathing difficulties. Is there anything I can do about this?

Go to Casualty???huh.gif

Edited by King Kebab

Go to Casualty???huh.gif

Haha yeah, I mean besides that. Its not blinding pain or anything - I was wondering if it was the sort of problem they'd not be able to do much for apart from a few stronger painkillers then asprin which are doing the job at the minute. I can't be arsed waiting six hours there if that's all they are likely to give me.

Haha yeah, I mean besides that. Its not blinding pain or anything - I was wondering if it was the sort of problem they'd not be able to do much for apart from a few stronger painkillers then asprin which are doing the job at the minute. I can't be arsed waiting six hours there if that's all they are likely to give me.

make an appointment with your gp

make an appointment with your gp

What he said. You're only supposed to go to casualty within 24 hours of the accident (or at least that's what a nurse once told me) so get yourself down the doctors and get examined immediately.

Right, this will no doubt sound silly, but here goes. Would railway line modification/repair/work ever be carried out during the night? I live just infront of a railway line and station, and I swear I've heard things like tools being used and clanks of metal in the middle of the night, and I'm wondering if it might be the railway? unsure.gif

depends where you are and what line it is. Some maintenance is done overnight, but I'm guessing it's nothing really major as they usually try and get that with a weekend or holiday closure.

depends where you are and what line it is. Some maintenance is done overnight, but I'm guessing it's nothing really major as they usually try and get that with a weekend or holiday closure.

They always do it in the dead of night, the bastards!

Theres a railway line behind my house, thought I was totally losing it the first time I was woken by the noise.

Having not been abroad for years I'm a bit unsure as to whats the best idea in regards to taking money with me.

Travelers cheques appear to be redundant so not much point in them.

I went into my bank today and had a wee word about charges in regards to lifting money abroad and it's going to cost me 1.5% of every transaction plus a fee of £2-£4.50.

Obviously I'm not too keen on carrying around all my money so does anyone know of any accounts or whatever that might have a lower/no fee? Or am I just going to have to pay up?

Having not been abroad for years I'm a bit unsure as to whats the best idea in regards to taking money with me.

I went into my bank today and had a wee word about charges in regards to lifting money abroad and it's going to cost me 1.5% of every transaction plus a fee of £2-£4.50.

Obviously I'm not too keen on carrying around all my money so does anyone know of any accounts or whatever that might have a lower/no fee? Or am I just going to have to pay up?

HSBC charge £12 a month for an account that allows £300 a day withdrawals with no fee. I think Nationwide offer an account that doesn't charge for withdrawals.

There's a prepay credit card that's free to top up/withdraw. Think it's Natwest. Moneysavingexpert.com has the details.

Right, this will no doubt sound silly, but here goes. Would railway line modification/repair/work ever be carried out during the night? I live just infront of a railway line and station, and I swear I've heard things like tools being used and clanks of metal in the middle of the night, and I'm wondering if it might be the railway? unsure.gif

The vast majority of maintenance work is done nightshift as that is the only access you have whilst trains aren't running. Some minor work can be done dayshift but this depends on where in the country the work is taking place. The West Highlan line, for example has greater access as there are less trains and therefore more time to do the work.

Majority Engineering work, such as track renewal or nridge replacement requires weekend working due to the timescales involved.

There's a prepay credit card that's free to top up/withdraw. Think it's Natwest. Moneysavingexpert.com has the details.

Had a wee look on that website and the prepaid cards seem pretty good.

This one looks decent. Appear to be covered if the card gets lost or whatever too which is what i was after. Anyone used a prepaid card like this abroad before?

Playing solitaire on the computer (trying to write an essay) and some games it seems like there is no way to win.

Are some games just set up so you just can not win?

It is possible for 0 moves to be available in 3 card draw, and in both 1 and 3 card draw, more than 50% of possibilities do not have a successful end.

If you're winning 1 in 5 you're doing well.

Anyone know any links to watch TV shows online that ISN'T Megavideo?

I use three different sites to try and mine links from. If its brand new, you can usually find it on WatchX, FastPassTV, and SurftheChannel has quite a bit of older stuff, although a lot of it is Megavideo.

A lot of the host sites don't work too well, but if you can find stuff on Zshare, that's usually best.

Playing solitaire on the computer (trying to write an essay) and some games it seems like there is no way to win.

Are some games just set up so you just can not win?

Aye, that's why you need patience.

Try FreeCell instead, you can always win FreeCell. Thanks to the Undo button, I'm currently on a 1421 win streak.