Quick Question Thread

Arbroath is fine but there's absolutely no shops to speak of everyone just goes to Dundee. Abbey, Harbour, Cliffs etc.

Montrose is nice, decent high street and the front is quite nice sure kids would like it.

Also Stonehaven could be a shout if you've never been, I've not been for years.

Ferry is lovely too.

Wee place called Edzell that has a lovely walk to go on with a wee river, ice cream/chippy place and a good play park bit too where I always used to go as a kid.

Edzell sounding good.

Ideally somewhere small. We've done arbroath a few times because ayr were playing and we went up for lunch beforehand. Is there anything to do in Montrose? And i reckon stonehaven might be a bit far.

Edzell sounding good.

Ideally somewhere small. We've done arbroath a few times because ayr were playing and we went up for lunch beforehand. Is there anything to do in Montrose? And i reckon stonehaven might be a bit far.

Not really but there is if that makes sense. Place called Roos Leap is absolutely brilliant for a meal and the front is really quite nice. The beach and play park bit, high street is ok too. Edzell is genuinely tiny. One wee high street, a park and a wee walk along the river.

Have you been to Comrie? There's a really really good wildlife park up about there where you can pet and feed the animals. Wee town too with a lot more to it than Edzell. Used to go camping there all the time.

OK, cheers folks.

Edzell or comrie it is. Going to have a wee nosey on Google.

Good luck.

Comrie would edge it for me. Wildlife centre with the bairns then tea/lunch in the town. Used to go to the fish farm too but probably not something the Mrs would appreciate.

He could drive around and tell the weans it's a safari park,

Last time I was in Cowdenbeath there was a homeless wifey sitting with a potful of pennies outside the pound shop, her bulldug dressed as a reindeer. Dario's is no bad though.

I've been in Methil before and seen a teenage lad with an Umbro sign shaved into the back of his nut. We asked someone where the high street was and he replied, 'you're on it'.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Last time I was in Cowdenbeath there was a homeless wifey sitting with a potful of pennies outside the pound shop, her bulldug dressed as a reindeer. 

Congratulations, you met the Provost!

Edited by GordonD