Quick Question Thread

I'm new to Netflix... a friend kindly have me his password.

The new series of Better Call Saul is listed on there for tomorrow.

What time does that mean? If it is on straight after midnight I'm tempted to stay up and watch it.

Whole batch will go up. Might not be straight after midnight though.

Don't slag our quaint little village. A few celebs live here. Well, John MgGlynn, grant Murray, and Leigh griffiths....

Now remember. I know wallyford.
Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy?

I'm new to Netflix... a friend kindly have me his password.

The new series of Better Call Saul is listed on there for tomorrow.

What time does that mean? If it is on straight after midnight I'm tempted to stay up and watch it.

If you post your Netflix username and password I'll check for you...

Cheers, I'll have a look if they're on and if not I suppose I should be sensible and go to bed.

Me and the Mrs have been watching this Australian show on it called Rake, it's funny as f**k and I would strongly recommend it for anyone.

Does anyone know exactly what language these Premiership cyber attacks are in? That's at least the first two pages full of this shite. I'm going to hijack a submarine and nuke the entire country. There will obviously be some collateral damage but I feel it's a small price to pay to have our forum running smoothly.

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Does anyone know exactly what language these Premiership cyber attacks are in? That's at least the first two pages full of this shite. I'm going to hijack a submarine and nuke the entire country. There will obviously be some collateral damage but I feel it's a small price to pay to have our forum running smoothly.

Its the Chinese wot done it Mr Trump. 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Whole batch will go up. Might not be straight after midnight though.

Really? I'm pretty sure that the first two series weren't like that. Watched an episode, then had to wait a whole week for the next one, thus negating the whole point of TV on demand. 

Also, I doubt it would have magically appeared at 12 midnight ... since it's still the day before in the States, but I'm happy to be proved wrong!

38 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

They are attacking the Scots in Europe part of the forum as well, and as its after Christmas it at least shows that they have a sense of irony about themselves. 

Can anyone suggest a wee day trip (for lunch, a wee stroll round shops, and maybe an activity or place to visit) within an hour's drive of Dundee? I'm thinking up the a9 or into Angus.  Weather tomorrow to be dry but quite cloudy - so nothing too outdoorsy. Also I've got a couple of young kids but they're pretty well behaved so we're not looking for something too child focused.

Maybe not on the 'twee' side and completely the opposite direction, but Dunfermline / Glenfarg combo, 1hr drive.

The Glen (Pittencrieff Park) is decent for a wander around and hoaching with greedy squirrels that the kids can feed with ease (take peanuts). You've got the Royal Palace & abbey outside the gates that are of decent historical interest, plus the Old Inn pub next door that makes incredible speciality burgers (best in Scotland imo, unsure about kid access but probably ok for lunch). Shops there of course, albeit the usual standard town fare. All within a pretty compact area, so not too much walking about.

Stop off midway at the abandoned rail tunnel(s) just off the M90 nr Glenfarg on the way back if the kids aren't scaredy cats. Thought they were cool as f*** as a kid (still do) and you can spot them on Google Earth beside the big bend on the M90 where the line evidently stops at the hills. There are two of them, with the walk to/through the second and back taking around an hour. My other half finds them creepy. Take a torch.

http://www.abandonedscotland.com/glenfarg-railway-tunnels-guest-article/

Maybe not on the 'twee' side and completely the opposite direction, but Dunfermline / Glenfarg combo, 1hr drive.

The Glen (Pittencrieff Park) is decent for a wander around and hoaching with greedy squirrels that the kids can feed with ease (take peanuts). You've got the Royal Palace & abbey outside the gates that are of decent historical interest, plus the Old Inn pub next door that makes incredible speciality burgers (best in Scotland imo, unsure about kid access but probably ok for lunch). Shops there of course, albeit the usual standard town fare. All within a pretty compact area, so not too much walking about.

Stop off midway at the abandoned rail tunnel(s) just off the M90 nr Glenfarg on the way back if the kids aren't scaredy cats. Thought they were cool as f*** as a kid (still do) and you can spot them on Google Earth beside the big bend on the M90 where the line evidently stops at the hills. There are two of them, with the walk to/through the second and back taking around an hour. My other half finds them creepy. Take a torch.

http://www.abandonedscotland.com/glenfarg-railway-tunnels-guest-article/

Thanks mate. That sounds really good (especially the rail tunnels), and I'm going to keep this in mind. My wee man is a shitebag, and he's only 2, so this will be something we'll definitely do on the future.

Cheers for the suggestion!

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Thanks mate. That sounds really good (especially the rail tunnels), and I'm going to keep this in mind. My wee man is a shitebag, and he's only 2, so this will be something we'll definitely do on the future.

St Andrews? Loads of places to eat/wander about, three nice beaches, ice cream parlours, lots of shops that sell wee odds and ends for kids. Sealife centre too if it's pissing down.

St Andrews? Loads of places to eat/wander about, three nice beaches, ice cream parlours, lots of shops that sell wee odds and ends for kids. Sealife centre too if it's pissing down.

Yeah that's always a good one but we're looking for somewhere a bit different. Heading off to comrie shortly.

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Can anyone suggest a wee day trip (for lunch, a wee stroll round shops, and maybe an activity or place to visit) within an hour's drive of Dundee?

I'm thinking up the a9 or into Angus.

Weather tomorrow to be dry but quite cloudy - so nothing too outdoorsy. Also I've got a couple of young kids but they're pretty well behaved so we're not looking for something too child focused.

Might be a bit late here, but the Secret Bunker is definitely worth a visit. 

Nae bother.

The Glenfarg spot is also excellent for collecting big conkers where I used to take bags from (we're talking several poly bags worth here). Whilst other classmate chumps in P6/7 were trading Panini football stickers for fun, I was trading bags* of giant conkers for cold hard cash whilst having a the playground monopoly because of a top class product. Others tried to get in with pishy little things from the next village along, but failed even when trying to undercut me by 10p. One guy even threatened to tell the police that I didn't have a licence to sell, and being 10yo, I wasn't into HMRC self assessment tax returns. May as well have sold crack.

Long out of the business now, so I have no trouble letting you know that Glenfarg was the spot, hence Autumn would be an ideal time to visit.

*business eventually crashed when my mum clocked where all her little kitchen bags were going and wanted reimbursed in future. A valuable lesson in overheads that helped make me the businessman I am today. I've not actually had any business since though.

Enjoy your day.

You wanted to pump the blonde across from me that gets a takeaway delivered almost every night???

No. Deffo not.
That area was strange to say tgethe least