Quick Question Thread

My IT knowledge is pretty basic - why can't a GIF have sound?

The point of a gif is to summarise the mood with an animated picture, the person viewing it doesn't want to hear a sound as people don't want unexpected sounds on their devices as they mange listening to something else.

HTH

11 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My IT knowledge is pretty basic - why can't a GIF have sound?

A couple of years back somebody put this gif on random images with the LMFAO song playing along with it and it was quite annoying after a bit as it kept playing as long as you were on the page.

image.gif

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just got phoned for an interview, also another interview I could of had this week. The point is I have been in a new job for 2 weeks and it's ok but less money than the job I've been phoned for an interview for. Do I go for the interview or am I being nuts as I just started a new job ?

As P+B's resident "more jobs than socks" expert, I'd say definitely go for it if it's more money. If you are thinking of jumping ship, I'm sure they'd prefer you did it sooner rather than later. And 2 weeks is short enough that you don't have to stick it on your CV or cover up what you did between jobs. 

Just got phoned for an interview, also another interview I could of had this week. The point is I have been in a new job for 2 weeks and it's ok but less money than the job I've been phoned for an interview for. Do I go for the interview or am I being nuts as I just started a new job ?

Go for the interview. Try and get a day's annual leave booked so it's not sick leave in your probation period. It's a bit of a dick move but f**k it, you don't know them any loyalty. Chase the money.

43 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

If you can swing it as a "previous engagement" or a dental appointment then, by all means, go for it.  Few employers show loyalty these days so why should employees?  

Tell them you have a funeral to go to and see what they have to offer.

Not really but there is if that makes sense. Place called Roos Leap is absolutely brilliant for a meal and the front is really quite nice. The beach and play park bit, high street is ok too. Edzell is genuinely tiny. One wee high street, a park and a wee walk along the river.

Have you been to Comrie? There's a really really good wildlife park up about there where you can pet and feed the animals. Wee town too with a lot more to it than Edzell. Used to go camping there all the time.

We had a grand couple of hours in the wildlife park. Damn cold but plenty of fun was had.

Tea and cake at gloagburn on the way home. Cheers.

3 hours ago, supermik said:

A couple of years back somebody put this gif on random images with the LMFAO song playing along with it and it was quite annoying after a bit as it kept playing as long as you were on the page.

image.gif

That was me I think. Sorry. It's pretty good with the sound though.

We had a grand couple of hours in the wildlife park. Damn cold but plenty of fun was had.

Tea and cake at gloagburn on the way home. Cheers.

Good good. Seen the weather earlier and seen your post and I was actually a wee bit worried... :lol:

Glad it all turned out ok though. Used to love that park back in the day.

A friend of a friend sent me this on Snapchat, I was all wtf?
Apparently it's a bitmoji that she sent to everyone on her friends list. Was it right to have the wtf attitude or am I just too old for (the now deleted) Snapchat which I clearly don't understand? 586961d55fd04bbe75da53c782920313.jpg

35 minutes ago, stimpy said:

A friend of a friend sent me this on Snapchat, I was all wtf?
Apparently it's a bitmoji that she sent to everyone on her friends list. Was it right to have the wtf attitude or am I just too old for (the now deleted) Snapchat which I clearly don't understand? 586961d55fd04bbe75da53c782920313.jpg

Are you pals with Judith?