Quick Question Thread

23 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Car rental. Anyone recommend a specific company or one of those comparison websites? Usual story, tourist looking to hire a car for about 10 days, pickup Edinburgh area.

I've found Enterprise to be ok. Book the cheapest model and you sometimes get a free upgrade if they're out of stock. They offer a free lift to and from the depot, in Inverness anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've found Enterprise to be ok. Book the cheapest model and you sometimes get a free upgrade if they're out of stock. They offer a free lift to and from the depot, in Inverness anyway.

Can't they just use the transporter?

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’ve seen them in cafes and snack vans but can’t seem to find them in shops anywhere...

Does anyone know where you get those metal rings you put in the frying pan to contain/shape fried eggs??

Aldi had a silicone version a couple of weeks ago.

Crofton-Silicone-Egg-Ring-A.jpg?o=glwmAX

23 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’ve seen them in cafes and snack vans but can’t seem to find them in shops anywhere...

Does anyone know where you get those metal rings you put in the frying pan to contain/shape fried eggs??

Amazon has everything. 

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

Car rental. Anyone recommend a specific company or one of those comparison websites? Usual story, tourist looking to hire a car for about 10 days, pickup Edinburgh area.

Member of any airline/credit card frequent flyer schemes??Use that to get a deal,If not goldline

38 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

There’s a shop in the pubic triangle that sells all sorts of cooking/chef gear. Across from the little Sainsbury’s.

8 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:
Amazon has everything. 

That's where I got mine but they're aluminium and egg is a bugger to get off so I'd go plastic or whatever.

You're supposed to grease the ring to stop the albumen sticking.

A free shot for someone there.

23 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
25 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
You're supposed to grease the ring to stop the albumen sticking.

A free shot for someone there.

Tried butter but still stuck so gave up.

I had some steel ones but the Teflon came off after a couple of goes and they turned to rust. What's the point of perfectly circular eggs anyway?

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I had some steel ones but the Teflon came off after a couple of goes and they turned to rust. What's the point of perfectly circular eggs anyway?

Don’t think the shape is necessarily significant but if they’re circular they can go right over to the side of the pan whilst keeping them separate from the bacon.