Quick Question Thread

Any Fawkurt dwellers been to the Fork And Mustard for breakfast? (Or have any strong breakfast recommendations)

I’ve been but only once and so I can only recommend the philly cheese steak sandwich. Failing that ‘Teresa’s Treats’ snack van at Sunnyside Parks does a mean breakfast in a polystyrene box for £4.

Any Fawkurt dwellers been to the Fork And Mustard for breakfast? (Or have any strong breakfast recommendations)
I have, mostly because they do a veggie/vegan full breakfast and my wife is that way inclined. I liked my fry up I have to say. Had a taste of all the veggie stuff and it was all pretty tasty other than the "fake-on" bacon substitute which I wasn't a fan of.

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’ve been but only once and so I can only recommend the philly cheese steak sandwich. Failing that ‘Teresa’s Treats’ snack van at Sunnyside Parks does a mean breakfast in a polystyrene box for £4.

Cheers. I do love a cheesesteak. Theresas and the one at B&Q, aswell as the rumbling tum are p4p in the snack van world. Despite this, it's to be a sit down effort (and not in the car)

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have, mostly because they do a veggie/vegan full breakfast and my wife is that way inclined. I liked my fry up I have to say. Had a taste of all the veggie stuff and it was all pretty tasty other than the "fake-on" bacon substitute which I wasn't a fan of.

Appreciated also

56 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers. I do love a cheesesteak. Theresas and the one at B&Q, aswell as the rumbling tum are p4p in the snack van world. Despite this, it's to be a sit down effort (and not in the car)

Appreciated also

Though I thoroughly agree about the van at B&Q, a  special mention for the Station Store across from Larbert station, re hot rolls.

Edited by Boghead ranter

30 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Though I thoroughly agree about the van at B&Q, a  special mention for the Station Store across from Larbert station, re hot rolls.

Probably the closest hot roll outlet to my house. Ashamed to say I haven't tried it. Will certainly remedy this. 

I haven’t been there in years but it certainly used to be good for a roll. Back when I worked in the building trade, I used to go in there for a roll nearly every morning when we were building at the old foundry.

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I haven’t been there in years but it certainly used to be good for a roll. Back when I worked in the building trade, I used to go in there for a roll nearly every morning when we were building at the old foundry.

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

Just to close the loop (shite modern patter for this) onnthe Fork and Mustard. Had breakfast there today. I am genuinely struggling to think of a better breakfast I have ever had. Everything was absolutely top notch. The wife that runs it is very nice. Special mention for the square sausage.

Will definitely go there again. A solid 9.5 and would have been a 10 if it wasnt for margarine on the rolls and some sort of cheap tomato sauce substitute.

Just to close the loop (shite modern patter for this) onnthe Fork and Mustard. Had breakfast there today. I am genuinely struggling to think of a better breakfast I have ever had. Everything was absolutely top notch. The wife that runs it is very nice. Special mention for the square sausage.

Will definitely go there again. A solid 9.5 and would have been a 10 if it wasnt for margarine on the rolls and some sort of cheap tomato sauce substitute.
Good choice sir. Meat or plant based?

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Good choice sir. Meat or plant based?

Swine based. Delightful

I am seeing lots of football clubs getting shirts made up with "Sinnott 25" on the back in memory of the non-league football who got killed in England somewhere last week. What's the point of this? I think I read somewhere they would get auctioned off for Sport Relief. Are people honestly going to want to buy a random shirt from a random team with some random dead boy's name on the back for an inflated price?

Either way - people are weird...