Quick Question Thread

After I last years downfall of card sharing, the Kodi set up being as slow as Berra and not trusting IPTV, I am going to bite the bullet and pay for TV again.
I currently get my phone & broadband through Sky but who offers the best deals/channels on TV? I want plenty Football (Scottish preferred), movies and kids.
So Virgin, Sky or BT?
Thank you.
Was in the same boat as you but got IPTV for £50 for the year, had it for over 6 months now without any major disruption. The guy monitors the system and has a support chat which is always a bonus.

If the house is four years old  (I.e a new build) it won't have a lead pipe in it, lead pipe hasn't been produced or used in over 40 years, there are still plenty instances of it in older properties but, if your house is genuinely four years old and someone has said you have a lead pipe in it or an incoming lead water main they are pulling your plonker.

You’re tickling my turnips

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone from Falkirk area recognise this path from Carronshore to Grangmouth, and can you tell me what nick it's in for cycling?

Screenshot_20200205-192951_Maps.jpeg

God, not been down that way in about twenty years. It used to get quite a bit of bike traffic from blokes going to and from BP but it wasn't paved or anything back then.

Does anyone from Falkirk area recognise this path from Carronshore to Grangmouth, and can you tell me what nick it's in for cycling?

Screenshot_20200205-192951_Maps.thumb.jpeg.fd00b34370068d5c8549a861e17cb9e1.jpeg

I’m not sure how you can draw that out and not add a pair of testicles and a few pubes.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Me, I walk dogs there quite often. 

Either side of the river is easy cycling. Stay on the same side, you hit Glensburgh Rd beside the truck place. Cross the green footbridge which is marked on your map, you come out at the Kelpies,  and can follow down to Glensburgh from there.

If you ever pass a stressed looking tall guy calling every one of his pack of dogs 'cunto, say hiya, it'll be me.

EDIT - now that I've seen @MSU's post, both sides of the river are tarmac all the way.

Edited by Boghead ranter

God, not been down that way in about twenty years. It used to get quite a bit of bike traffic from blokes going to and from BP but it wasn't paved or anything back then.
Cheers mucker

I’m not sure how you can draw that out and not add a pair of testicles and a few pubes.
I wont lie, I really wanted too, as I believe there are few things funnier on this earth than badly drawn cartoon genitalia. On this, I suspect we are kindred spirits.
Me, I walk dogs there quite often. 
Either side of the river is easy cycling. Stay on the same side, you hit Glensburgh Rd beside the truck place. Cross the green footbridge which is marked on your map, you come out at the Kelpies,  and can follow down to Glensburgh from there.
Cheers. Ok for a road type bike? Not too rough? My plan is to use it to cycle to Grangemouth I think it's the quickest way, and easiest on traffic.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers. Ok for a road type bike? Not too rough? My plan is to use it to cycle to Grangemouth I think it's the quickest way, and easiest on traffic.

Yes, you could use any sort of bike down there no problem. And I don't blame you for wanting to avoid the road thru Skinflaps,  that's well dangerous.

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

And I don't blame you for wanting to avoid the road thru Skinflaps,  that's well dangerous.

The Hills Have Eyes, only without the hills to take your mind off the incest and cannibalism.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The Hills Have Eyes, only without the hills to take your mind off the incest and cannibalism.

I thought you were joking, but

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

you want to avoid that killer hill at Carronshore.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Watch out for folk with dugs on extending leads, bike paths always have them.

..and joggers with ear phones in.

12 minutes ago, Dele said:

Maybe one for the 'Trainers' topic but hey ho. 

Bass Weejun's. Anybody bought a pair and are they comfortable. 

@Shandon Par is probably my best shout, tbh. 

Not familiar with them but they do look well made. In that sort of price range, Zara & M&S online do some that look and wear well beyond their actual price. or, get on ebay and find a decent pair of Patrick Cox - going up in value. If you look around the hedgerows of Essex you'll probably find a couple of my old size 10s, lost on nights out. 

14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Yes, you could use any sort of bike down there no problem. And I don't blame you for wanting to avoid the road thru Skinflaps,  that's well dangerous.

The sound of 'Duelling Banjoes' as you approach is a bit of a giveaway.

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You're getting bumped into the canal IMO. Keep your eyes peeled at all times. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
You're getting bumped into the canal IMO. Keep your eyes peeled at all times. 

You might have to wait a while to get me. I dont know when my arse will recover from yesterdays ride (fnarr)

Your arse will soon get accustomed to it! Get back in the saddle a few times and that pain simply goes away.

Yeah I will probably lose a few days due to nightshift but will get back to it as soon as I can. Really enjoyed going out on the bike. The reason for asking about that blpath was that I was planning to try a leisurely.cycle to the swimming, knock out a few lengths(fnarr) then a hard cycle back. Eventually stick a wee 5k run on the back of that for a mini triathlon like the one I had been doing at work.