Quick Question Thread

34 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

While I would agree that the act is the crime, Scots Law demands corroboration. If the only evidence is the perpetrators admission, he shouldn't be found guilty without at least one piece of evidence (however tenuous) to back up his version of events.

The dug

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

The phrase “broad daylight” goes back far enough to be used in translating the Bible. The conventional meaning is “during the day when people can see it, and could thereby observe it or prevent it”. Daylight refers to periods including nautical twilight, dusk and dawn…all periods with direct or reflected sunlight (however, one can argue about moonlight being reflected sunlight too). Twilight is the closest to your narrow daylight, as it literally means half-light.

^^^^

image.png.4454d05d82845d168379ab6b1f677e1c.png

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone else in South Edinburgh getting no mail? I know of a few people sending me mail over a week ago and we’ve had nothing delivered. Can’t see any issues on the Royal Mail service updates. Is my postie binning all our mail?

Henry Hill's parents said the same thing in Goodfellas. 

You got a kid working at the local taxi stand?

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Started listening to a Podcast and every time the theme tune plays I get an ear worm of another (belting) song. 

Do you know what the tune is I'm talking about @Miguel Sanchezor is it just me? 

Back to black by Amy Winehouse? That’s what it reminded me of, but I’ve also been told I’m audibly challenged before. 

10 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Back to black by Amy Winehouse? That’s what it reminded me of, but I’ve also been told I’m audibly challenged before. 

Jesus Christ…2011…it can’t have been that long ago!

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Started listening to a Podcast and every time the theme tune plays I get an ear worm of another (belting) song. 

Do you know what the tune is I'm talking about @Miguel Sanchezor is it just me? 

No idea why you're asking me on this one but I'd go with what the other guy said. The plinkyplonk stuff at the beginning just reminds me of this

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

No idea why you're asking me on this one but I'd go with what the other guy said. The plinkyplonk stuff at the beginning just reminds me of this

Because of the animated show you recommended I watch ;)

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Oh I get it now. An extremely minimalist version (ie half the notes are missing)

Thank you :D

Aye the tone is definitely different but it's similar enough for me to start singing that song every time I listen to the podcast. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Enough time has now passed that I have to settle into, and accept the disappointment that your nonsense is not, as I had hoped, to be followed up with a helpful suggestion. And so I hope that on this day, you step on a plug. 

TGI, kids like it, but it's shite.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

TGI, kids like it, but it's shite.

Aye I was hoping to avoid generic shite like that, but it's an option. 

I want to go to the sort of place where my kids will feel like they are being all fancy, and I can rest easy in the knowledge that the sort of drinkers being upset by the presence of my bampot kids are the exact sort that deserve it. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye I was hoping to avoid generic shite like that, but it's an option. 

I want to go to the sort of place where my kids will feel like they are being all fancy, and I can rest easy in the knowledge that the sort of drinkers being upset by the presence of my bampot kids are the exact sort that deserve it. 

In that case you want The Ivy.