Quick Question Thread

8 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Aye essentially he's worried he gets hauled to court for breach of contract or something I think. He was told by CA that although it would be possible for them to do so, it would be highly unlikely as the whole ordeal would likely result in an overall loss for them. 

They are only losing him 3 weeks early once you add on holidays due. They've put all their eggs in the cheapest basket possible and now it's come back to bite them on the arse.

To get it right up his current employers, he could take the final couple weeks off with stress/bad back/any other ailments you can think of 

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Watching an advert for donations to RNLI at the weekend where they were saying they are a charity. 

As an island with a fishing industry, search and rescue at sea should be funded by the government surely. Is it the case that they believe the coast guard is enough provision for this type of rescue?

Interesting that Coastguard came into being in 1822 and RNLI in 1824.

16 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

A risky strategy though as you're relying on donations like squillions of other charities. Also, if the government deem it to be a necessary service (which presumably they do) then why don't they fund it better. I say better because the RNLI website suggests they pay 1% of costs.

They don't fund it better because they don't need to (and there are plenty of other things they can spend money on) - it's funded by donation. Sure, it's a risky strategy but at least they are in control of their own destiny unlike if it were government funded. And, should donations be insufficient there's a chance the government would pick up the shortfall. 

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Would genuinely love to see the reaction to this.

Same, hes Greek and im sure, as surprising at it may seem, he's never heard of Graeme Shinnie. 

I might change my Teams background to a wall of Shinnie images. 

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

How’s Andy getting on? 

I'll throw that is as my "just one more thing" question. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Im in a presentation (and later, interviewing) a boy thats the spitting image of Graeme Shinnie.

Anyone want me to ask him anything? 

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Same, hes Greek and im sure, as surprising at it may seem, he's never heard of Graeme Shinnie. 

I might change my Teams background to a wall of Shinnie images. 

I'll throw that is as my "just one more thing" question. 

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

One of Shinnie's competitors appears to be Jesus Christ, 

Wee tap on the shin(nie) early doors and Our Saviour will get the message not to try any of his fancy stuff.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Im in a presentation (and later, interviewing) a boy thats the spitting image of Graeme Shinnie.

Anyone want me to ask him anything? 

I asked a candidate from Selkirk if they knew what a pailmerk was.

They'd originally come from Bangladesh and didn't... 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Interview update. 

Chinese wifey: shite

Graeme Shinnie: shite

Jesus: shite.

Chinese wifey ahead Our Lord on points due to diversity, innit?

Poor Graeme just can't catch a break.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

He's still waffling on so ive put on the Cinematic Orchestra whilst others ask him some more questions. 

Does he get bonus points for waffling in time to the music?