Quick Question Thread

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You still do that so it doesn’t really count.

The patriotic thing to do is keep at it until the gentleman's relish flies. I bet Wee Rishi would stop half way through.

Edited by scottsdad

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The patriotic thing to do is keep at it until the gentleman's relish flies. I bet Wee Rishi would stop half way through.

On the other hand, if you pardon the pun, he is a complete tosser.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

What did people do to waste their time before P&B was around?

Similar to "football didn't exist before 1992 and Sky Sports", time didn't exist before 2003 and P&B.

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Similar to "football didn't exist before 1992 and Sky Sports", time didn't exist before 2003 and P&B.

I think you'll find most Dundee United fans think football didn't exist before 1979.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I think you'll find most Dundee United fans think football didn't exist before 1979.

Dundee Utd fans wouldn't know about football if it twatted them in the face.

On 08/06/2024 at 15:52, Granny Danger said:

What did people do to waste their time before P&B was around?

In your case paint pictures of mammoths on cave walls 

Anyone know how to keep foxes out of a garden?

No, I'm not buying a shotgun.

No, I'm not keeping a pack of hunting dogs, dressing up like a hunter from a mid-20th century table placemat and riding a horse.

No, I'm not setting snares or other traps.

I'm pretty sure it's not a dog, as our garden is fenced in. I'm fed up walking across the lawn and finding it, or even worse, smelling it when I cut the grass.

Any (serious 😁) suggestions?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

No, I'm not keeping a pack of hunting dogs, dressing up like a hunter from a mid-20th century table placemat and riding a horse.

I'm pretty sure it's not a dog, as our garden is fenced in. I'm fed up walking across the lawn and finding it, or even worse, smelling it when I cut the grass.

We had a problem with a cat, not sure if it works for foxes, but it worked for us. A movement sensor thing that played a high pitched noise we couldn’t hear. Sorted it almost overnight. 

edit it does mention foxes in the description 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004SGC75S/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=e4eaa23aa41254301ddb1b11546c422f&hsa_cr_id=6366820890802&qid=1717949811&sr=1-1-e0fa1fdd-d857-4087-adda-5bd576b25987&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_img&pd_rd_w=G5Vs3&content-id=amzn1.sym.25f7c301-a223-4ff8-91c9-accfeab9fda8%3Aamzn1.sym.25f7c301-a223-4ff8-91c9-accfeab9fda8&pf_rd_p=25f7c301-a223-4ff8-91c9-accfeab9fda8&pf_rd_r=K1QBAC9EANQSNH4TTNM2&pd_rd_wg=375E3&pd_rd_r=dd18d619-9e3a-498b-b6f5-830340b43305

Edited by Rugster

40 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I’ll second @Rugster on the high frequency noise thing. We had an issue with cats and it solved it fairly quickly. I think though, as with most things, the cheap ones aren’t very good (personal experience). Spend how much it matters to you…

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A baseball bat. However you must dispatch the creature in a humane manner, otherwise you may be liable for a fine of up to £20,000.  Jolyon was wearing a kimono, do you possess such a garment?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51755899

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

A family in my sisters street has/had something like this but in their front garden. It was fucking annoying because even when driving past with the windows closed you could hear it. 
Not heard it recently so they might’ve adjusted it but it wound my sister up 

36 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

A family in my sisters street has/had something like this but in their front garden. It was fucking annoying because even when driving past with the windows closed you could hear it. 
Not heard it recently so they might’ve adjusted it but it wound my sister up 

download.jpeg.f287053e492e35a4dae88ff7ae665045.jpeg

14 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Mature red foxes can be attacked by larger animals, including bears, wolves and mountain lions.

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Mature red foxes can be attacked by larger animals, including bears, wolves and mountain lions.

Bears you say? What a stroke of luck for Salt n Vinegar.