Quick Question Thread

Anyone been to the Edinburgh Winter Wonderland thus far this year? I've just been telt i'm going, whether I like it or not.

It's awrite.

The German market is decent for a walk through, if just to see the increasingly inventive uses of nutella (as hot chocolate, it's pretty good). Decent for trying out the food and the ice rink looks ok (never used it).

Can someone assist me with this one:

When Darren Fletcher scored for Man Utd vs Portsmouth the other week and the commentator said "There's an arrow from Fletcher?",folk around me watching it laughed, I passed this off without thinking about it. I now see on BBC sport quotes of the week this is apparently a 'joke':

"That's an arrow from Fletcher!"

Alan Smith after Darren Fletcher scored for United against Portsmouth. Arrow... Fletcher, geddit? Took me a while as well. (From BBC website)

I do not get this, can someone please explain the joke to me, it is annoying me no end.

As an aside see also Spanish cyclist Juan Antonio Flecha's archer celebration when he crosses the line first.

I know this has been asked before, but, are there are forms etc, that need filled in before travelling to the U.S?

Depends why you're going and for how long.

Assuming a two week holiday and no work, then there is need for a VISA. You do need to complete some forms when you book the flights, and you do have to complete a visa waiver and Customs form on the plane. But that's it.

If you're going for work, or for longer than 60 days, then there's a completely different story.

Depends why you're going and for how long.

Assuming a two week holiday and no work, then there is need for a VISA. You do need to complete some forms when you book the flights, and you do have to complete a visa waiver and Customs form on the plane. But that's it.

If you're going for work, or for longer than 60 days, then there's a completely different story.

You can do this online also .

If for instance flying BA,all you need to give are passport number details and where you will be staying

How do you know it's not the rest of the jaffa cakes that are the wrong way round, and that solitary one at the bottom is the correct way round? ;)

I don't.

However, you make a valid point. When you open the cardboard packaging, and open the side that says "Open Here" or something along those lines, the odd Jaffa Cake is facing upwards, and the other eleven are facing downwards...

With regard to the Ken Dodd song “Happiness”… was it written with the “A penis” double entendre in mind or was it just an innocent co-incidence?

I’m also still waiting on an answer to…

Who's in Beyemystics avatar? I've been meaning to ask this for ages.

Does anyone remember a chocolate bar called 'Magic Moments'? It was a bar of 5 or 6 hexagonal chocolate shapes filled with nuts and caramel?

I'm 99% sure it was called Magic Moments, but no-one i have ever spoken to can remember it. :(