Quick Question Thread

Hello,

A wee question for the nursey/doctory types on here.

My girlfriend broke her wrist around two weeks ago, and the last few days her fingers look a bit swollen and are sore to move, should we be looking at a trip to A&E or wait for a GP appointment on Monday?

Cheers.

Hello,

My girlfriend broke her wrist around two weeks ago, and the last few days her fingers look a bit swollen and are sore to move, should we be looking at a trip to A&E or wait for a GP appointment on Monday?

Cheers.

Does she have a cast on? I would give the hospital a call tbh. If they are different and more painful than before I would want them checked over. I've got a cast on my ankle at the minute and instructions issued were any pain, swelling, discolouration, tightness, etc then advice should be sought.

Hello,

Cheers.

Get her to use her other hand. Hope this helps.

Hello,

Cheers.

I broke my wrist last year and was told if i had any problems like swelling of the fingers i was to head straight back to A&E.

Edited by keithgy

Took a trip to A&E and the nurse (who was probably the most sound person I've ever encountered in a hospital)* said that it probably wasn't broken and just a very bad sprain, the cast had moved and was if anything hindering the wrist healing.

Also the guy noticed the past 3 times we had been to get a new cast, the wrong cast had been put on.

All in all, a bit of a waste of a trip, but nice to have a bit of peace of mind. And my girlfriends loaded up on Tramadol now, some street value on the stuff.

Thanks for the help P&B, f**k yer NHS24!

*Insert Ultrasound guy joke here.

Edited by DeadStar

Does anyone know of a good website to watch free movies on (one that doesn't require a sign up or card details etc)?

And no dirty answers here please, this is a genuine question.

Thanks

Good God, the wife's out so you're stuck in watching shitty online feeds? Get a carryout in and get the darts on my son!

Does anyone know of a good website to watch free movies on (one that doesn't require a sign up or card details etc)?

And no dirty answers here please, this is a genuine question.

Thanks

Go onto Novamov and type the name of the film in the search bar.

Good God, the wife's out so you're stuck in watching shitty online feeds? Get a carryout in and get the darts on my son!

Lol. I've had a film sky-plussed for a while, but it's not working so I'll watch it online instead.

I'm not in the mood for a carry-out and 'the derts' mate, but I presume that's how you're spending your evening?

Lol. I've had a film sky-plussed for a while, but it's not working so I'll watch it online instead.

I'm not in the mood for a carry-out and 'the derts' mate, but I presume that's how you're spending your evening?

Pretty much, although I'm waiting for the WC draw on SSN at the moment. Saving myself for next Saturday when Peterhead come to town, woop!

I staved my thumb today playing football (well I hope it's not anything more serious). To make matters worse I did a "Neuer vs Man Utd" as it happened.

So my QQ is, what is the best way to deal with a staved thumb?

I staved my thumb today playing football (well I hope it's not anything more serious). To make matters worse I did a "Neuer vs Man Utd" as it happened.

So my QQ is, what is the best way to deal with a staved thumb?

Stick it up your fathers arse, but if he's out tonight keep it raised and cover it in ice.