Quick Question Thread

McKee, if you know where any of your teachers live, just contact them direct and ask if it's ok to put them down as a reference.

With regards to their contact details show their home address but make a note of the school they work or worked at.

One of my references from school has been sent to an institution awaiting trial for *allegedly* shagging his female pupils and fathering a child. I still haven't really got round to removing the referee.

Can't you just go and see one of your old teachers from last year? The school might have shut, but that doesn't mean their memories were all wiped.

I could yeah, but they've all moved onto the new school, and I've never been in it. I'm not sure how they would react if I turned up unannounced asking for urgent help.

I'm thinking the best way of doing this will be through Career Scotland, or whoever I'm supposed to go to for help on these sorts of issues.

I should really have just done it last year with the school and saved myself all the fucking hassle.

Happy Niew Year - I agree with xbl! :D

McKee, if you know where any of your teachers live, just contact them direct and ask if it's ok to put them down as a reference.

With regards to their contact details show their home address but make a note of the school they work or worked at.

It doesn't quite work like that. They have to write a section of the application about you, you're suitability for the course and all other sorts of guff. It's going to seem quite rude asking them to go to to bother of doing that in such a short space of time. Especially for someone they don't teach anymore.

I could yeah, but they've all moved onto the new school, and I've never been in it. I'm not sure how they would react if I turned up unannounced asking for urgent help.

I'm thinking the best way of doing this will be through Career Scotland, or whoever I'm supposed to go to for help on these sorts of issues.

I should really have just done it last year with the school and saved myself all the fucking hassle.

If you know they're now at the new school then phone or email the new school then.

Just had a read of the Junior sub-forum because I've got too much time on my hands today. This leaves me with a question; Why are the vast majority of Junior forum posters inarticulate, incoherent halfwits? There seems a larger proportion than usual of posters on that section of the site who are bafflingly thick. Is supporting a non-league team more attractive to the uneducated?

I drive past Strathclyde Homes Stadium most Saturdays to go to watch my junior team. Why? Because the season I spent watching Dumbarton, and that was when they won the third division, was the worst season of my football watching life. The standard was abysmal and far worst than the West Superleague. From speaking to friends who still follow them, nothing has improved.

As far as inarticulate halfwits goes, the behaviour of the fans at SHS also leaves a lot to be desired, with even a man I once knew as a church elder and treasurer of a local club leaving his brain at the turnstiles when he came in.

I drive past Strathclyde Homes Stadium most Saturdays to go to watch my junior team. Why? Because the season I spent watching Dumbarton, and that was when they won the third division, was the worst season of my football watching life. The standard was abysmal and far worst than the West Superleague. From speaking to friends who still follow them, nothing has improved.

As far as inarticulate halfwits goes, the behaviour of the fans at SHS also leaves a lot to be desired, with even a man I once knew as a church elder and treasurer of a local club leaving his brain at the turnstiles when he came in.

I agree, Junior football is excellent. That title winning season really was appalling to watch, what with the average 4 goals a game we scored and the fluid, attacking football we were playing.

P.S, any credibility your post may have had (here's a clue, it didn't) was completely washed away when you admitted to being a churchgoer.

Even with the glaring gramatical error aside, sorry, but I'm going to have to 'lol' at that statement.

Not a grammatical error, merely a spelling mistake. There is a difference. Like gramatical! (two m's BTW) Shakehands Tom the biggest ballboy in the world. Trust me. Go and watch a good game. It won't be at SHS unless you get a junior team in the cup.

Not a grammatical error, merely a spelling mistake. There is a difference. Like gramatical! (two m's BTW) Shakehands Tom the biggest ballboy in the world. Trust me. Go and watch a good game. It won't be at SHS unless you get a junior team in the cup.

Tommy Coyne averages more than a goal a game in the Juniors.

Your statement is invalid.

Guest The Phoenix

It doesn't quite work like that. They have to write a section of the application about you, you're suitability for the course and all other sorts of guff. It's going to seem quite rude asking them to go to to bother of doing that in such a short space of time. Especially for someone they don't teach anymore.

McKee, I've been a reference for scores of (ex)staff over the years and never once did I see it as an imposition or a chore and most certainly not rude.

Indeed more often that not, I took it as a compliment that they considered me to be the "right" person to help them out.

If you ask in the right way and explain the circumstances surrounding the timing, I'm sure an ex-teacher will be only to happy to do the necessary.

Like the game on Saturday against Arbroath?

How anyone can criticise Dumbarton when the juniors happily take our rejects is beyond me, see Tommy Coyne post above

who said I was a churchgoer? Don't read what I didn't write. 4 goals a game? Pish defenders. Tommy Coyne is let go and scores a goal a game? Don't recognise talent! Good team going, release them all cause your manager is a bawbag.watch junior football! Better than the shite at SHS. I've watched enough to be able to make a choice. How many of you have done that. All you do is sit in your lego stadium and criticise then come on here and say how wonderful it is. Get a life.

FFS Jordan Rhodes scores more than a goal, a game. Good players thrive in good clubs and leagues.

Edited by Cardross

Can anyone remember the guy that posted a link to his online shop here a good while back, it included a lot of retro and rare football tops (mainly internationals from memory) as well as a bit of other clothing items. He has a shop on ebay but I still can't find it.

who said I was a churchgoer? Don't read what I didn't write. 4 goals a game? Pish defenders. Tommy Coyne is let go and scores a goal a game? Don't recognise talent! Good team going, release them all cause your manager is a bawbag.watch junior football! Better than the shite at SHS. I've watched enough to be able to make a choice. How many of you have done that. All you do is sit in your lego stadium and criticise then come on here and say how wonderful it is. Get a life.

FFS Jordan Rhodes scores more than a goal, a game. Good players thrive in good clubs and leagues.

A guy who scores a goal a game in the highest junior league but can't sign for a club in the Seniors = SHITE!!

When Clyde were away at Brechin one week I decided to take a wander down to watch Vale of Clyde. Whilst it was great that you could stand at the football, have a beer and a cigarette, the standard of football was nothing short of horrific. I also witnessed one of the worst offside decisions probably ever seen in history, with a guy getting flagged on, despite being at least five yards offside.

Junior football and Junior match officials = shite.

Cardross = bedwetter.