Quick Question Thread

Has anyone ever taken a bus to Ireland? I'm being quoted a £48 return to Belfast from Edinburgh with National Express at the start of April, and I'm unsure whether or not this includes getting on the ferry.

Aye, it includes the ferry. It's a similar price to go to Belfast from Glasgow but takes 7 hours to get there somehow, hence why I chose to just sort my own transport to Stranraer and take it from there.. That said, the price of the bus/ ferry deal is actually cheaper than the ferry itself (which is around £56 if i remember correctly).

Solve a puzzle for me, P&B: Is there any way, either using desktop or mobile, to change one's Facebook location for the purposes of messaging? For example, let's say I wanted to send a message to someone on Facebook saying I was in Edinburgh when I was actually in Glasgow. Is there a setting I can change which would actually tag the message as "sent from Edinburgh" to give authenticity to it?

Solve a puzzle for me, P&B: Is there any way, either using desktop or mobile, to change one's Facebook location for the purposes of messaging? For example, let's say I wanted to send a message to someone on Facebook saying I was in Edinburgh when I was actually in Glasgow. Is there a setting I can change which would actually tag the message as "sent from Edinburgh" to give authenticity to it?

What kind of phone do you have? There's a fake GPS location app on the Android store (free) which might work.

Stalking or trying to evade justice? ;)

Clicky

•If you're on the Web, simply hover the cursor over the location and click the "X." Your location will no longer be attached, even to future statuses. If you later change your mind, just click the location marker to manually enter your location, but beware: it will be attached again for all future updates (unless you turn it off again).

What kind of phone do you have? There's a fake GPS location app on the Android store (free) which might work.

It's not for me, trying to figure out if an employee is feeding us bull.

Stalking or trying to evade justice? ;)

Trying to prove someone wrong.

Thanks, but I was wondering if a false locality could be tagged rather than your real localtion hidden.

Housey question: If the roof slumped drastically on a semi detached house and had to be totally replaced, how much would you be looking at to replace it (roughly)?

Hard to say without more info and a survey, but you could be looking at £15k - £30k.

It's not for me, trying to figure out if an employee is feeding us bull.

Ah I see. If what you're asking then is if it's possible someone is taking the piss by using something like that then I'd say the answer is almost definitely yes.

Ah I see. If what you're asking then is if it's possible someone is taking the piss by using something like that then I'd say the answer is almost definitely yes.

That's precisely what I'm asking. Replicating it would prove the matter, hence my question. I fannied about with Facebook for a bit trying to do it, but couldn't seem to find a function to get the desired effect.

That's precisely what I'm asking. Replicating it would prove the matter, hence my question. I fannied about with Facebook for a bit trying to do it, but couldn't seem to find a function to get the desired effect.

When you go to put in a status update, you get the option to click "place" as far as I can see you can type in whatever you like there. Don't know if that helps or not.

When you go to put in a status update, you get the option to click "place" as far as I can see you can type in whatever you like there. Don't know if that helps or not.

Nah this specifically refers to a PM sent via Facebook. It's not life or death stuff, but it would sure clear up a story that reeks of shite.

Nah this specifically refers to a PM sent via Facebook. It's not life or death stuff, but it would sure clear up a story that reeks of shite.

*puts Columbo hat on*

How about the person that has sent the message has asked someone who is actually at the location to log into their Facebook and send the message?

edit: admittedly that would leave them open to status updates such as "I pyoor luv menz bumz!!!111!! LOLZ"

Do they have any such status updates?

Edited by KnightswoodBear

*puts Columbo hat on*

How about the person that has sent the message has asked someone who is actually at the location to log into their Facebook and send the message?

edit: admittedly that would leave them open to status updates such as "I pyoor luv menz bumz!!!111!! LOLZ"

Do they have any such status updates?

No idea, no access to their main page. Evidently access has been restricted from their end, the sneaky wee blighter.