Quick Question Thread

http://www.sportsshoes.com/

Mizuno are generally wider fit shoes. Have you ever tried stepping up a size?

New Balance are shite trainers. I have a gander through there, if I can get trainers to fit my feet from there you should have no problem.

I like NB, they were the only ones that ever seemed to be properly comfortable. I swear, years of shitey shoes have deformed my feet! I've never tried Mizuno though, I'll have to try some on next time I'm in town. And no, I go 11 because of width as it is. I could probably get away with a 10 just in length, but 12 is a bit clown footy.

I used to always buy Mizuno when I was a little 'un and had to by shoes in your size. If you were to buy leather trainers, you can widen the trainer by soaking them in the bath and walking about in them until their dry.

I used to always buy Mizuno when I was a little 'un and had to by shoes in your size. If you were to buy leather trainers, you can widen the trainer by soaking them in the bath and walking about in them until their dry.

In that case, I shall try Mizuno shoes at the weekend!

Do you have a Deichmann Shoes shop near you? They stock larger sizes but don't normally have them on the shelf. If you go to the Big Foot section of Sports Shoes Unlimited you will find plenty of choice.

Do you have a Deichmann Shoes shop near you? They stock larger sizes but don't normally have them on the shelf. If you go to the Big Foot section of Sports Shoes Unlimited you will find plenty of choice.

I've never heard of either of them! :lol: I'll see if either have branches in Stirling, last time I went trainer shopping, it was at JJB. I liked JJB. The NB shoes were always in exactly the same place.

Guest The Phoenix

My childhood was very traumatic. It basically consisted of spending what felt like days on end trying on every pair of trainers in every shop with an increasingly exasperated mother telling me to stop trying shoes on and just pick some. Eventually, I'd buy some once we'd given up with Arbroath and gone to Dundee. Within a year, there would be a hole in the side of them (where my wee toe is), or they would have ripped somewhere. I've been procrastinating over buying new trainers...since 2011.

I mainly wear flip flops when I possibly can.

http://www.shoebuy.com/large-shoes.htm

Having a party in my flat, there's seating space for about 8-9 people, but there'll likely be double that in attendance. This is acceptable, yes?

Perfectly. Indeed I'd venture to suggest that even a few more than that would be perfectly acceptable, providing you've got a bit of standing room, particularly in the kitchen where I assume the alcohol / food will be located.

Guest The Phoenix

This trainers thing brings back memories of putting my foot into a machine at clarks. It would whirr down to tell you the size and again to tell you the width. As a five year old i always thought it would crush my foot!

The same one that you could look down and see an x-ray picture of your feet?

The one I remember was made of wood and you took a step up to place both feet inside at the same time.

Guest The Phoenix

Ha ha, I remember them. They were akin to these earlier version:

shoe.h1.jpg

Maybe thats why i've now got 7 toes on each foot.

That's the very machine that was in the Clarks shop in Stirling!

One of my abiding childhood memories. :)

Having a party in my flat, there's seating space for about 8-9 people, but there'll likely be double that in attendance. This is acceptable, yes?

The best parties are in the kitchen. Folk will be standing drinking all the alcohol.

Guest The Phoenix

Is there a way that I can get something I have recorded and saved to my Sky+ Planner onto a cd/DVD?

Yes.

Guest The Phoenix

Is there a way that I can get something I have recorded and saved to my Sky+ Planner onto a cd/DVD?

No.

How much should I expect to pay for a second-hand Xbox 360/PS3? I have absolutely no interest in online gaming, so whatever run-of-the-mill spec. is required.

Got to be next to nothing as they give them away free with phones..